Irrational Winnings and Losses

Midoriya was so happy about you joining the team that he cried. Being raised by Aizawa, the least emotional being on earth, you weren't super comfortable with happy tears so you hastily interrupted to share your idea with him.

"You're planning to be the rider, right?" you asked.

Midoriya nodded, green eyes lighting up as he sensed a plan.

"If I help carry you, I'll have to hold back my speed and agility to stay coordinated with Ochaco and Tokoyami. But if we place you on the ground with them-"

Midoriya nodded "I'd be more evenly matched with them for speed. And you're lighter, so you'd be easier to carry."

"Not just that," your eyes twinkled mischievously. "There's another advantage to placing me on top."

Midoriya stared at you. You grinned.

"Try to touch my head."

He raised his eyebrows at the strange request, but reached forward in a quick motion, not holding back. You dodged easily, bending aside without moving your legs. He tried again, and again, as rapidly as he could move, but you avoided him without trouble. Tokoyami and Uchako looked on, realization dawning in their faces as they understood the implications for the upcoming cavalry battle.

He stopped, panting, and the two of you met each other's eyes with a grin.

"You're right, Eiko. We really can use your quirk."

(Cute art by Ste Cat)

And just like that, team Aizawa was formed. Tokoyami took the front of the formation, and Ochako and Midoriya guarded the back corners, and you sat on your team's shoulders.

As expected, everyone went for your team the minute the cavalry battle started.

Tokoyami's dark shadow fended off most of the teams but a few grabbing hands broke through, putting your abilities to the test. Easy enough to dodge so far. A simple duck timed correctly was all it took, and you glimpsed the shocked expressions of the team leaders who had been so sure your points were in their hands. Not so fast, you thought, smirking.

You noticed a familiar face in the next team charging for you. The girl with the vines who'd trapped you in the obstacle course.

"Tokoyami," you ordered, "Let them through."