Irrationally Framed

"MIIIIIIIIIC!" you yelled. It shook the house in a strange reversal of roles.

"What?" Mic popped his head around the corner to peer into the living room.

You stood with your arms crossed, looking, well cross.

"You came to help take care of dad, didn't you?"

"Your point?" Mic looked at you over his glasses.

"The point is that you should be here, making sure he follows Recovery girl's instructions."

You pointed accusingly at Dad, who was patiently struggling- and succeeding- to put on boots without hands.

"She did say you should be in bed for at least two weeks," Mic agreed, walking over.

Aizawa sighed tiredly behind the mummy-like swath of bandages.

"I have work to do, and I'm sufficiently healed."

"Well, there's no stopping him." Mic shrugged.

You glared.

"You're giving up that easily?"

"This is only after years of dealing with Aizawa's attitude towards doctor's advice!" Mic defended himself.

"Eiko," Aizawa addressed you, and you could hear a hint of irritation in his voice. "I understand your concern, but there is work that needs to be done. I am taking care to avoid overexerting myself. Can you accept that?"

You looked down at him. He must be looking at you because his face was at the right angle, but you couldn't see his eyes behind his bandages.

You hesitated. Could you accept that?

"No," you answered with cold honesty. "Aizawa... " he stiffened at your use of his formal name. "You covered up all your work injuries, and you lied that you could take all the villains at the USJ. And you still want me to trust you?"

Aizawa remained frozen.

"I see."

The two words sounded so unmoved. For once, you hated Aizawa's impenetrable rationality.

"Tell me this," you crouched to look straight into his bandaged face. "If you could go back in time, would you still lie to me?"

Aizawa stared back. You glowered as the silence stretched on. "Yes," he murmured softly.

You almost couldn't believe it. Was he for real? Telling you to your face that he would lie all over again given the chance?

You stumbled back, tears of betrayal welling in your eyes.

"I can't stand this. I -I need to go."

"Eiko, wait!" Aizawa staggered to his feet.

His struggle to move somehow made you even madder.

You ran, slamming open the front door as your feet took you away from the house. Your ragged breathing and feet hitting the pavement made his distant voice easy to ignore.

---

Aizawa's point of view

It hurt more than he expected. The betrayal in your eyes felt worse than any injury he'd ever gotten through hero work.

"Why won't she understand?"

Mic looked unimpressed.

"Understand what?"

Aizawa tried to pace, but had to lean back against the wall when his body didn't cooperate.

"She's still a kid, and I'm her father. Protecting her is my top priority."