Irrational Training Camp

chapter art by G Mark

Hawks point of view.

He leaned against the stacked crates as Katsumi and Dabi argued.

Katsumi didn't seem to get along with anyone. Maybe because he was too arrogant.

Not that Hawks was one to talk.

"What do you mean, you're not coming? This is an all out attack- EVERYONE is coming!" Dabi gave Katsumi a sarcastic look. "Not ready to face your son yet, is that it?"

 "Not ready to face your son yet, is that it?"

Katsumi stared down his nose at Dabi.

"You won't need my power. All for One will be there."

"How do you know th-?" Dabi's eyes narrowed. "Someday your connections won't be enough to get you what you want, Shinsou." Blue flames swirled around him.

Katsumi Shinsou's bored expression didn't change.

Fuming, Dabi blocked Shigaraki as he was walking past.

"Shinsou says he's not joining the attack."

Shigaraki brushed him off impatiently.

"That's already been decided. He's staying here with Kurogiri."

Dabi nodded grudgingly. They all knew Kurogiri's triggers by now. He wouldn't be much use in person- better for him to create the portals and then stay behind.

"Fine," Dabi seethed "You can avoid your precious son... I won't."

Katsumi grabbed Dabi by the collar of his trench coat, losing his cool for the first time that Hawks had ever seen. His biting indigo eyes held Dabi's.

"Lay a finger on him and you're dead."

Shigaraki ignored the confrontation, tossing a set of keys to Hawks. "Birdbrain. Take those papers up to the office."

"Sure thing," Hawks caught the keys and grabbed the papers from off of the storage crate. The League of villains was currently based in an old abandoned warehouse building. Although most of it was one huge open space under the same roof, there were some administrative rooms up the stairs overlooking the main area. Not that he'd bother with stairs.

Hawks launched straight upward, swinging over the balcony railing to face the office door.

He scanned the papers as he walked into the room. UA's schedule. How were they getting this? He still didn't know. At least the villains didn't know where the training camp was. They were told to prepare to attack, but as of yet they didn't seem to know the location. As long as Hawks could keep them from finding that out, he should be able to prevent it.

He walked through the dim, dusty office, with beams of light slanting in through the windows, then paused. This was the kind of chance he'd been waiting weeks for. Shigaraki, for once, was not in the office. Dabi and Katsumi were arguing. The light on the computer blinked tantalizingly. Deciding quickly, Hawks leaned over the keypad and began trying login codes. He'd seen a pin code over All for One's shoulder one time. But when he typed it in, no luck. He got it on the third try: Shigaraki. The hands guy sure was attached the family name that All for One had given him.