1. The Set Up

Zip zip

"Tom..."

Zip zip

"Tom I swear to god"

"What?" zip zip

"Your zipper. Cut it out."

"But I'm bored."

"And I'm hungry, I'm not trying to eat the trailer am I?" Owen asked, rubbing his temple as I snickered "No I suppose not... Oh come on, you drink water when you go to a pub don't you?" I asked, knowing that my co-star had a hangover. Owen shook his head "When would I have the time between beers?" he asked, making me roll my eyes and pocket my hands in the 'Variant' jacket.

We were waiting for someone from set to come get us, we were doing some scenes for 'Loki', and for some reason, the director, Kate, was being particular about them seeing the new character in the series. Something about 'Wanting a genuine reaction from Tom' or some nonsense.

I sighed and leaned my head back, we'd been waiting nearly an hour "Any idea who she is?" I asked Owen, who shook his head "Kate said she's not normally an actor but her character is in the MCU already" he said, finally breaking his hand from his face. I frowned a bit, that was no help the MCU was massive, luckily a TA poked his head in "Okay we're ready." they said, I shot up ready to get started for the day. Owen took a couple of Advil before following my enthused self out of the trailer "Sorry about the hold-up guys, Kate wants this set up particularly." he said as he walked them to the set.

The set looked like a CGI mess but it would be Asgard after editing most certainly. I shrugged a little "Why does she want it like that?" I asked, making the person laugh "Oh you'll see" he said then pointed at a spot for them to stand. I frowned, what the hell was going on? The TA pointed forward at a doorway, the door propped open with a brick and a makeshift hallway with some statue props in front of it. "We want you to focus on that doorway while you're delivering lines for this scene-" I held up my hand

"Wait, we're speaking? I'm terribly sorry, I've been told nothing."

"It's okay, but just Owen is speaking, all we want you to do is watch that doorway"

The TA walked away as I was fixated on the door I'd been asked to look at, I glanced over at Kate for a moment who pointed to her eyes then the door. I held up his hands teasingly 'Yes ma'am' I mouthed before sighing and looking back at the door as Owen adjusted himself, getting into his character. I cleared my throat "I feel like I'm being set up a little bit" I murmured making Owen laugh "From what I heard, you're gonna love it." he joked, pulling out the 'tempad' prop from his pocket. I blinked and looked at him "I thought you knew nothing?" "Nah I just told you what Katie said. I know things." he teased with a smile then turned as they called for quiet on set. I narrowed my eyes and mouthed 'Traitor' before looking back at my mark.

"Action!"

Owen fiddled with the tempad "Alright, now if you just wait here you'll see the one variant that usually joins yours no matter what, except for your timeline." he said, then crossed his arms as I continued to stare off at the door, his hands pocketed, for what seemed like forever until...

And an absolute vision walked through the door.

A woman with red curls that were tied back in a gold sash, seemed to go on forever framing her exquisite body that was covered from head to toe in freckles. She wore a golden dress that shined with the light, but not nearly as much as her hazel-red eyes that seemed to avoid him, perhaps she'd been given some instruction as well?

 She wore a golden dress that shined with the light, but not nearly as much as her hazel-red eyes that seemed to avoid him, perhaps she'd been given some instruction as well?