35. December

Papa squeezed you tightly with Dad as Tom loaded their car "I wish we could have stayed through Christmas honey." Dad whispered. You sniffled and nodded "I'm just happy I got to see you, even if for a bit." You said. They eventually pulled away "Well let you know once we've made it off the ferry" Papa signed as he leaned down and kissed your forehead. Dad nodded, still not releasing you as Papa and Tom shook hands "Thank you again for all your help in bringing me to her." He said. Papa nodded with a smile as Dad let go of you, wiping his eyes then hugged Tom tightly, you sighed hearing hushed tones "Dad, stop threatening Tom." You said. He pulled away "What? I'm doing nothing of the sort, call it a promise." He said.

You rolled your eyes as the pair smiled "The two of you be good okay?" Dad asked as Papa cracked his knuckles 'Keep her safe" he signed. Tom nodded and held out a hand, shaking his before the couple got into the car. You crossed your arms with a soft smile as Tom wrapped an arm around your shoulders, the car began to pull out of the driveway and then down the dirt path before disappearing. You sighed and turned in Tom's hold, burying your face in his chest "I just hope they're safe." You whispered. He held you tighter, stroking your back as he did "They were very careful the whole way up darling, I'm sure they will be." He reassured. 

You nodded and turned to the garage with a sigh, they left a small mess. He only chuckled "Why don't you get that out of the way and I'll start on lunch." He said, patting your back. You nodded "Sounds good, thanks hun... do you need help navigating the kitchen, or do you think you have it?" You asked. He scoffed fakely as you giggled "I know I have it little girl" he said in his Loki voice. You shivered and nudged him "If we get started this'll never get done." You said before walking into the garage. Tom chuckled and kissed your temple gently "Call me if you need a hand." He said before stepping into the house.

An hour later, you stepped into your home with a huff "Well thats all done, and somehow of course, Papa only broke the toilet more." you said, brushing yourself off. Tom sighed as he looked over "Thank god you had the downstairs toilet." he said, you arched a brow then covered your mouth "Wait, so you had to use it now and again right?" you asked. He nodded, handing you a plate "Few times yeah" he said, you sat down with a chuckle "Weird to think about" you said. Tom brushed off his hands and shirt "There were a couple of times you nearly busted me, honestly." he said, biting into his food. You nodded, glancing down at your plate for a moment before looking up, meeting his eyes for a moment before he darted them down. 

You tilted your head and smirked, he was definitely hiding something "Whats up?" you asked, he shook his head. You tilted your head further "Come on, whats up?" you asked, he sighed, leaning his palms on the ledge. You crossed your arms "One night I was using the restroom and I heard you... Playing. Saw you, really." he said bashfully. Your face flushed as you bit your lip and looked down "I thought it was going to be a while, so I bought a toy" you said quietly. He snickered, shaking his hand at you "I don't care if you bought a toy." he said. He leaned down on his elbows, taking another bite "Toys are not an enemy, they are an ally" he said, you gnawed at your lip, feeling yourself flush with his darkening stare. He gestured the food "Be a good girl, and eat your lunch, then maybe I'll show you how well we work together." he said.

You nodded eagerly and continued eating, being quick but careful, as Tom only continued eating, occasionally glancing back up.

You reached up, hanging the last ornament on the tree with a triumphant smile, you rolled your shoulder and admired the handiwork. Tom stood beside you, admiring the tree with you as he held two mugs "It looks beautiful" he said, watching as you descended the step ladder. You turned and took one of the mugs he held "Ah, hot chocolate" you said excitedly, sipping it with a wince. He chuckled and took your freehand "Silly" he said, leading you to a couch, the house was still, very silent oddly enough 'Where are the dogs?' you thought as you sat.