44. All Thats Needed

(A/N: Thanks for 3K views! Last big milestone before it's over, so I wanted to celebrate!)

You bounced your knee nervously, staring out the window at the building, it was large, monotone, almost apocalyptic to look at. You glanced at the clock, 20 minutes since the last time you checked it, you sighed in annoyance 'I'm holding us up...' you thought. Feeling a squeeze on your hand you looked over at Tom, who smiled at you "Take your time, thats why we came early." he said. You smiled back, nodding quickly before you stared back "Its just... We haven't been under the same roof since she gave me up." you whispered. He nodded, bringing your hand up to kiss it, his goatee scratched your skin a little "I just... I just don't know... I don't know what to do..." you trailed off. As you stared at the building Tom looked at you, he shifted in the driver seat to face you "Do you remember the wedding scene?" he asked.

You sighed and leaned your head lazily to face him "The one I had an anxiety attack before?" you asked then nodded as you remembered.

You paced before the set in your wedding gown, a long white gown with a long sleeved lace overlay. Your hair was done up with fire pins golden jewelry, you looked truly amazing! However... You took repeated shallow breaths, you were having a hard time focusing on anything in particular. You glanced up hearing footsteps, "Shit" you murmured, trying to regulate your breathing to some normal degree, assuming it was time to go on set. Tom poked his head out with a big grin "Hey" he said before stepping out, he wore the green Loki armor, but for this reality his hair was short, it was weird to see, but oddly appealing? You smiled back "Hey" you whispered, he held out a water bottle "Figured you could use..." he trailed off then tilted his head.

He stepped forward "Whats the matter?" he asked, you scoffed and shook your head "Nothings the matter, why?" you asked. He frowned, tilting his head as though to say 'Really?' before he pulled out a rag, holding it to your face "You're crying." he said. You gasped softly, wiping your eyes of whatever was left "I didn't realize" you murmured, sniffling as you cleaned your face. He blinked then took your hands before setting you down on a bench "Whats wrong? Really." he asked softly, handing you the water bottle. You sighed and took it with a shrug "I just... Its still weird." you whispered, staring down, he tilted his head "What is? The scene?" he asked.

You shook your head "All of it... I-I'm a musician, I'm not an actor, I-I had like five people just to do my hair, another two to put me in the dress, plus Cindy on makeup. All of this so I look like some painted dog for a 5 second flash scene, the set and everything too its just-" "-Too much?" he asked. You looked over to see him smiling at you, you huffed and nodded "Look who I'm talking to" you said with a laugh. He chuckled with you "All of this over a side character, I can only imagine what you're going through." you said, nudging him gently. He laughs and scoots over, wrapping his fingers around your hand "Never mind that, I'm used to it at this point..." he trailed off. He glanced around then nudged his head "C'mon" he whispered, standing up to bring you with him, you narrowed your eyes, "What?" you asked.

He held a finger to his lips, shushing you for a moment before he glanced around and hauled you up over his shoulders. You yelped "Tom!" you exclaimed as the flush spread over your face "Not tonight princess" he hisses in that regal Loki voice. You giggled as he jogged away from the set and out the door, setting you down "Come" he said, taking your hand, running away from the set. You picked up your dress as you giggled, following him out until he took you to a small shop, it was definitely a little hideaway from the set "How?" you asked. He chuckled "Little blip in the overlay of the design, I decided not to tell anyone." he said, you giggled as he approached and ordered you both a cone.

He walked back over and handed it over, you took it with a big grin, eating your treats in silence until you finally said something. You shrugged "Not that I don't appreciate it, but why the kidnapping?" you asked, he smiled over at you "Sometimes we need a break from being overwhelmed and don't even realize it." he said. You smiled as he reached over with his free hand, taking yours "Any time you need a break, no matter what I want you to find me, and I'll happily kidnap you. Whenever you need." he said. You nodded, eating some of the ice cream "Careful about that Tom, I might ask you to kidnap me away forever" you teased, winking at him. He smirked back