6. A Lovely Day

The Next Day

You fiddled nervously with the hem of your shirt, you decided on some dark skinny jeans and a dark navy blue flowy shirt with stars on it that showed off your shoulders. Your manager helped you tie back your hair in an updo so it was tamed and you wore some blue light glasses with black frames to somewhat hide your identity. You checked your phone again 'On my way, I'll be there in 10' it said, it had been twenty, and it wasn't bothering you... Okay, it was.

You sighed a little 'Calm down, he's a busy man and Atlanta is huge' you thought, as your eyes darted everywhere trying to spot him. After a moment you felt someone staring and looked over to see Tom approaching you with a big charming smile on his face. He wore a blue peacoat, black pants and a grey shirt, and some brown glasses.

'Handsome'

You rubbed your palms together nervously as he jogged up to you the last few feet "Sorry I'm late" he said, "No it's fine really, as long as you're here" he nodded "You look lovely" he held out his hand to you, which you took. He brought it to his lips and kissed your knuckles, with a smile, you blushed badly and bit your lip "Thank you, you look so handsome as well, though I wouldn't have minded the leather." you said, returning his smile. He nodded, letting go of your hand to pocket his own "So, where are we?" he asked, looking at the giant grey building. 

You turned and pointed down the road "It's actually down the road, I didn't want you to google the address and spoil the surprise." you said with a smile before beginning to head down the street with him. He chuckled "What, you don't think I appreciate a good surprise?" he asked, you shrugged a little "No but you had to get here somehow," you said. He nodded a little "So were you coming here for some sightseeing today?" he asked, you tucked some hair behind your ear "Well, uh, kinda? I'll explain later." you said, holding up your finger to your lips with a wink.

He grinned at you "Someone's cheeky today, still drunk?" he teased, you giggled and shook your head "I get a little cheeky when I'm medicated, but nothing inappropriate." you said, looking back over at him. He held his hand to his chest "Oh don't fret, I like a bit of cheek" he said then inhaled and stopped walking as you smirked and stopped with him, knowing he had just heard what he said "That's not what I-" you leaned up and pecked his cheek before you continued walking backward "Don't worry, I like a bit of cheek too" you said then turned and continued. He chuckled and jogged a little to catch up with you "Ah" he said as the Georgia Aquarium's elaborate building design came into view.

He looked at you "An aquarium? I don't think I've been to one since primary school." he said, his expression turning to excitement. You nodded "I wanted to see it before I leave and when everything got put back today I decided to carve out a few hours," you said. You approached the ticket booth and held out your phone for the woman to scan it then walked in with Tom behind you. 

You both looked around the entranceway as it was beautifully decorated, it brought about an overwhelming calmness to you. While you were looking around in awe Tom watched you admirably, enjoying you in your childlike wonder, then grabbed a map off the kiosk and walked over. You looked at him then down to the elbow he offered you "Shall we?" he asked before you smiled and wrapped your arm around his "We shall" you said before you walked into the aquarium.

--

Throughout your time there you walked through the displays, looking at all the animals they had, going to the dolphin show and lunch. Now you two were sitting at the bench in front of the whale display eating dippin' dots casually, enjoying the lack of people. Tom placed his spoon back down into the cup "So your birth father is your Papa, and his husband is your Dad?" he asked, you nodded and covered your mouth "Yeah, they got married like four years ago, they live in our family house in Dublin" you said. He laughed a little "Irish, why am I not surprised?" he asked, making you laugh "I suppose it's a bit obvious, despite not having an accent." you said.