Chapter 43 - His Birthday

Ansel Renaldy

We went back home a week ago and my work has piled up and I don't even know where to start. I gotta work extra time which I didn't realize that I ended up working until 11. I got back to my apartment to find Sabrina sleeping on the couch in the living room with papers on the floor, alongside with her small cuts of fabric.

I walk closer to see all those paper that that lay on the floor, she's probably taking a look at it all over again since she's about to do her final runaway as her graduation. I look at her while looking at her work before slowly smile, she looks so beautiful even when she has her eyes close like this. Those long lashes falls against her pinkish cheek and those little bangs she has, covering half of her forehead.

Looking at her like this makes me wanna fly back to Italy where we had our honeymoon. I can tell that it is the best time that we've ever had together, even though it coast that much money I know that it was worth it. Money will come back anyway, there's nothing can buy that precious time we spent in our honeymoon.

I got up to get myself a cup of hot tea, because it's been a little cold outside and my throat is dry. I got myself a cup of tea while standing in front of the island table.

I met my dad and grandpa today, my dad looks surprised when I'm back, but my grandpa looks very excited when he sees me. He's been asking me if i'd like to have a break for a honeymoon since our wedding, it seems like his dream has come true. Well of course the question about a baby came after that, it's clear that he expects me to have a baby. Well.., if they only knew.

Just a minute later Sabrina's phone suddenly ring which makes her woke up from her peaceful sleep. I watch her behind the island tanle while sipping on my tea, I can tell that she looks surprised by the sound of her alarm. But she didn't get up right away, she stays on the couch for a moment before decided to get up to walk into the kitchen. There's where she jumps in surprised,

"For fuck sake Ansel, how long have you been there," she said then I chuckle, she looks funny when she's surprised, she even still has her hand on her chest.

"I just got home.., well few minutes ago," I said looking at my watch on my wrist.

"Oh god, I thought you're someone else," she sigh.

"It's not good to watch criminal minds 24/7 it gives you paranoid these days," I said then she chuckles.

"What are you drinking?" She asked, walking closer next to me.

"A tea, want some?" I asked then she shake her head.

"Anyway," she walks closer to me with an open arm and a big smirky smile,

"Happy Birthday," she said and suddenly pull me into a hug, there's where I smile. I didn't expect that she's going to know or remember.

"I thought you don't know or we'll miss it like how I missed your birthday this year," I chuckle while she's still hugging me.

"You think I didn't look into your passport when we were traveling? your passport was technically with me most of the time," she said.

"That's one of my purpose," I chuckle then she smiles.

"And I don't really celebrate my birthday since few years ago so no big deal," she said then I frowned, I should've known her better.

"So what do you usually do in your birthday?" She asked while she still has her arms around my torso and the way she looks at me is filled with pure and excitement, she's cute.

"I don't know, buy my friends dinner,"

"My parents don't usually celebrate my birthday since I moved out of their house," he said.