Chapter 51 - Morning Call

Ansel Alexander Renaldy

It's been five days since she left, the apartment feels so quite and empty, I started to ran out of grocery and here I am sitting alone in the living room staring at the big flat tv screen in front of me.

I'm holding on a soda cane, I still remember the look on her face before she left. It wasn't a goodbye but why is it so hard for me to let her go? And why the fuck did I kiss her. The memories keep playing inside of my mind, I keep thinking about her, when I wake up in the morning, before I go to sleep, even in the middle of a meeting. Now I started to act like a social media lunatic that stalk her everyday, hoping she'll update at least a thing so I know something about her. But turns out she doesn't update much. I even have to go through her best friend, Alma's social media, just to know how is she.

What is wrong with me?!

I was so confused and worried when she said she'll be staying with her guy friend from college, but turns out Alma flew there couple days after she left. Somehow it makes me feel a little relief, I have no idea why.

It's almost 1 am in the morning and I overthink about her. It was supposed to be the boys night, but Brooklyn is in his honeymoon, Palmer has to be there for his pregnant girlfriend and Damien I don't know where he's at.

I keep looking at Alma's social media update just to see Sabrina. She went to time square today, she looks way happier than the last time I saw her. The way she smiles while those eyes are looking at the billboard, damn she looks so beautiful.

I was looking at my phone screen when an unknown number suddenly appeared on my phone screen. Who the hell call me at 1 am in the morning, what do they want. But then my brain tells me maybe I should pick up, maybe it's something related to her.

"Hello," I say.

"Hello, Ansel," The voice that I've never have I ever thought will call me at 1 am in the morning.

"Who's this?" I ask to make sure.

"Hey it's doctor Kiehl, sabrina's father," he says.

"Doctor kiehl?" I ask.

"Are you with her right now?" He asks.

"No," I say.

"What happen?" I ask.

"I got arrested, please don't tell anyone, can you come here?" He asks then I shut my eyes,

"Where?" I ask then he says to a place where quite far from my apartment.

"Okay I'll be there," I say ended the phone before getting up from the sofa.

I hate him so much why should I help him? But whatever. The last time we had a fight it's because of him, she loves him no matter what he did and I believe if she's here, she must wants me to be there.

~

I paid the bail then he's free to go, he looks at me with that arrogant eyes, I suddenly feel sick to let him out. He looks at me and doesn't say anything,

"Why didn't you call your personal lawyer?" I ask.

"He's out of the town," he says.

"What about your other future son in law who happens to be a lawyer too?" I ask him while we're walking out of the police station.

"It's embarrassing," he says.

"You mean by throwing things like bottle of wine in a bar, because it tasted like shit for you?" I ask then he only stays in silent. Honestly it was the lamest excuse that I've ever heard in life, Got angry because the wine tasted like shit? and caused Chaos? Seriously? what's got into him?