Chapter 7 - The Renaldy

Sabrina Alicia Kiehl

"See isn't it, that easy to make them like you?" He whispered as we make our way into the backyard.

"Yea it is but I feel bad to fool great people like them," I say to him as we walk next to one another.

"You have to stay focus on the goal Sabrina, there's no time to overthink about that stuff," he says before someone suddenly greet him.

"Ansel how are you?! It's been a long time," some guys are greeting him as I stand there alone staring at the beautiful birthday party in the backyard. The pool is being decorated, so many white tables full of food and drinks, everyone is having a good time. There are so many kids running around the backyard playing run and catch, it suddenly reminds me of my childhood.

Grandma and grandpa used to throw a big birthday party in their backyard for me. It was a great memory. I still remember how they dress me up as a princess, on my fifth birthday party. They hired everything that children love like clown, balloon artist, cotton candy maker, and fake tattoos artist there is where I got my first tattoo. I still remember that it was a rose tattoo that got fade away if I wash it with soap, and I also remember how big was the piñata that I couldn't really smash it, even my mom had to help me to crash it down until the candies fell out.

"Sabrina," Ansel's voice suddenly bring me back alive from the daydreaming.

"I want you to meet my parents," he says which makes me realize that a man and the lady next to him are looking at me.

"Mom dad this is Sabrina," he introduced me.

"Sabrina this is my parents," he says.

"Hi, it is nice to finally meet you," I introduced myself to them shaking his mom and dad's hands formally.

"Hi Sabrina it's nice to meet you too," his mom surprisingly not as bad as I expected.

"Anyway happy birthday Mrs Renaldy, I'm sorry I didn't bring any presents I didn't know that today is your birthday,"

"I'm so sorry," I say to her which makes her smile,

"That's fine darling, it seems like somebody is too busy to tell you," she looks at Ansel who stands next to me,  I know she's being sarcastic about Ansel working too much.

"You can call me Stephanie by the way, I see the ring on your finger," his stepmom said.

"Which probably means that we should start to get to know each other more, right Ansel?" She asks Ansel who only stays in silent like he doesn't know what to say no more.

"So, how did you guys meet?" His mom asks,

"At our friend's wedding," Ansel answer to her question. I can tell that Ansel hates her, judging by the way his tone and gaze and everything, don't need an expert to tell, it's written really obvious on his face.

"How did he purpose?" His mom asks me,

"In my apartment," Ansel says which kinda make his mom pissed, somehow I feel like his mom is only trying to get to know me or talk to me while Ansel doesn't feel like it.

"Anyway," his dad suddenly break it down,

"it seems like I've seen you before?" His dad asks me.

"Maybe you've seen me before, because I think our grandpas are actually friends," I say while pointing at both of me and Ansel.

"Who?" His dad ask.

"I guess you might have heard about Doctor Kiehl," I ask then a smile suddenly appeared on his face.