Chapter 60 - Back Home

Sabrina Kiehl

Ansel's blood test result came out very well, my dad has discharged him so we're packing to go back home. I helped him to take of his shirt which reveals his wound on his lower chest. He's sitting at the edge of his bed, while I'm helping him to put on a fresh shirt.

"Never have I ever thought that I would get shot," He said then it makes me smile.

"I've only seen people got shotted in movies," he said I run my palm against his jaw, he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist while his eyes are looking up at me.

"I also can't believe that I would say this but I'm excited to start our own family," he said.

The words that came out of his mouth just surprisingly sounds very beautiful in my ears. My lips curled into a smile before I slowly kissed his lips.

"We were just two dumb people who thought that love is not true, now here we are tripped over our own words," I chuckle then it makes him laugh.

"It's worth it," he said.

"Anyway your dad told me that you quit your job, you're not leaving to New York are you?" He asked then it makes me smile even more.

"New York has always been my dream but it has never been my home," I said to him then he slowly kiss the top of my hand.

"How about your job?" He asked.

"Ever since in college I know that I'll take a break from being a dentist when I got pregnant, there are too many chemicals in the office it won't be good for the baby," I said to him.

"That's also another reason why I was confused for taking the job from Andrew," I said to him.

"And you kept calling me, telling that you needed me, it was so hard to not thinking about it even though I know you were only saying that because you were drunk," I said to him. He looks at me then put a piece of hair behind my eyes.

"Even if I wasn't drunk, deep down I know that I always need you," he said.

"I'm thankful that we found our way back to each other," I said then slowly put my lips on his to kiss him.

I was looking at him with a smile on my face when I realized that there's someone on the doorway waiting for us to let him in. I look up and smile to see Damien who decided to come here today. I texted him that Ansel is being discharged today, so that must be a reason why he's here.

"Hey," I said which makes Ansel turn his head around to see who it is.

"Hey," Damien said while slowly walking in.

"Hey," Ansel said.

I begin to seat on the patient's bed right next to Ansel while Damien is standing in front of us. I can feel the awkward kind of vibes when he walks in, it's clear that these two got into a fight which makes them both act like this towards one another.

"How are you feeling?" Damien asked Ansel who's sitting next to me.

"Better," Ansel answered.

"Sorry about that day," Damien said while having his hands inside of his jeans pocket.

"Which day?" Ansel said which makes both of them chuckles.

"You know," Damien chuckles while his eyes are looking at his best friends who's sitting next to me.

"Well we kinda punch one another in the face so it's fair, I guess?" Ansel said which makes them laugh.

"I'm sorry," Damien said.