Chapter 52 - Drunk call

Sabrina Kiehl

I've been awake since 6 in the morning while Alma is still snoring on the bed next to me. Glad that she came here with me and I can't believe she'll move out too if I decide to take the job and stay here. It's been almost a week and I haven't decide it yet, Andrew's dental clinic is opening soon and I still haven't got any answer.

I've been scrolling on my phone doing nothing, I only scroll through my album, looking at the photos that we took at time square yesterday. I was scrolling and scrolling until I stop at a picture of me and Ansel on my last fashion show. I looked very happy, even my eyes sparkle from joy and happiness. He even brought bouquet of flowers for me, it was the time where I was living my best life.

But now here I am, considering if I should move to New York City or not. It's been a dream of mine to live and to work here, but I didn't expect to be working with anyone from college like this. Andrew is nice, I just don't like the job but I'm living by my own right now I have to start thinking rationally.

Living with Ansel for a year changed my life, how I think and of course my behavior and thoughts of me being someone's wife. Because of the divorce matter, I know I have to start over everything. Living with him was nothing but nice and comfortable, and of course because I fell for him everyday felt like a really great day.

The thought about the kiss before I left suddenly flash on my mind, what was all that about. He shouldn't be kissing me, it would only makes it harder to leave. I don't know what makes me still considering the decision about moving here to new york. I'll have an amazing stable job in the city that I've dreamed about, an apartment with really good views with my best friend.., what else better?

I got up off the bed carefully because I don't want to wake Alma up. It's 7 am already but I don't want to wake her up. I walk out of our room straight to the living room. Andrew lives here with his husband and they have the best city view, I envy them so if I've decide to move here I'll probably look for an apartment with good views.

I was staring out the busy city from the glass wall when my phone suddenly rings. I look at it and got surprised when I see his caller id appears on my phone screen. I stare at it for few seconds before slowly accept it, it's 6 am here means its 3 am in the morning there.

"Hello?" I say and there's no answer.

"Hello..," his raspy voice says.

"Are you okay?" I ask him then again it take few more second for him to answer me.

"You okay?" I ask again.

"I just want to hear your voice," he mumbles.

"It's nice," the moment I realize that he may be drunk.

"Where are you?" I ask him.

"On the floor,"

"Where?" I starter to get worried.

"Why are you leaving me," he asks with a very low voice that I hardly can hear. I'm so confused and I have no idea what to do.

"You're drunk Ansel," I say.

"Yeah," he sighs while I can only stay in silent.

"Where are you," I ask him.

"I need you here," he mumbles while I can only stay in silent, holding my phone near to my ear while he's talking nonsense.

"Why you're not here," he asks.

"Don't leave," the last words that he said only makes me stay in silent, my heart breaks a little I wish you would say this to me face to face. Not like this, under the alcohol influence.