Chapter 1 - Before the wedding

Sabrina Alicia Kiehl

The weather is a little bit colder than yesterday, or is it the feeling of excitement because of my best friend Adam is getting married tomorrow? Cannot believe a person like him will get married, I mean I know him my whole life. I may be the first person he calls when he needs help and now he's getting married.

He invited his close friends for a dinner right before the wedding day.., I don't know if he dumb or not but I hope he's not having a hungover tomorrow. I stop the car at the cafe parking lot, he invited us to one of a fancy restaurant in town. Luckily it is near the hospital that I worked in, well I work in three places, 2 clinics and one hospital. Sounds like the busiest woman alive but no, it's not that hectic.

The wind blows my hair as I locked my car and made it to the restaurant. Many cars are parked at the parking area tonight, I actually don't know how many people are invited to this dinner. When I stepped in my eyes are immediately searching for Adam around, and spot him in just three seconds. He's standing there wearing a black shirt while having a conversation with his friend, there's also a big smile on his face. A second later his eyes catch me staring at him, and that's where he came to say hi to me.

"My best friend doctor Sabrina Kiehl," he says before pulling me for a hug.

"Haha you're too much, how are you how's the preparation going? is everything good?" I ask him.

"Yeah yeah everything is ready," he smiles.

"Thanks for coming I know how very busy you are, just take an empty seat I'm sure you know some of them," Adam says telling me to find an empty seat.

I greet some of his friends that I know before looking for an empty seat, gladly there's an empty table with two empty seats. Well that is the last one, he invited around 30 people tonight and I only know like 4 people from his college now I'm alone. Well that's not a problem at all, I'll get a long in a few minutes with them.

"Do you want to place an order miss?" The waitress suddenly come up to me giving me the menu.

"I'll take a look for it first, thank you," I smile then the waitress left.

I was looking for a food to order when someone suddenly pulling a chair next to me and sit in it, I look at him while thinking, 'do I know this man?' cause I'm not familiar at all, and why is he sitting on my table.

"Sorry there's no more table this is the last one, you don't mind?" He asks then I shake my head.

The waitress gives a the menu to him and there's the time where I place an order, while him the mysterious man still trying to find something to eat. Adam suddenly standing in front of the guest while asking for our attention. I comfortably sitting on my chair while staring at him from the very back table.

"Thought that guy is going to get married with his best friend," The guy next to me calmly says while still looking at the menu.

"Which best friend?" I ask while looking at him.

"First of all I want to thank you all for coming tonight, I feel so grateful and appreciate for you absence in here," Adam says.

"The dentist one, I don't know haven't heard about her since he dated the bride," he says then I stay in silent, he is clearly talking about me.

"Sadly I don't believe in marriage," I mumble and this time his eyes finally look up from the menu.

"Oh you're the dentist," he says.

"All women want to get married," he chuckles before his eyes are back to the menu.

"Not all women, I guess," I calmly say.