Chapter 56 - Hospital Room

Sabrina Kiehl

Ansel woke up from the Anesthesia, but he got to spend a night at the ICU. The next day his condition is getting much better so dad made a decision to move him to a regular room.

We haven't really talk privately, there's always another person or people in the room. They never really left us two, even though I want to be with him all alone. I catch him looking at me for few times but again, there are many people in this room and they don't know what's going on between us. It's not like I want to talk about the divorce and stuff with him, I just want some time to be alone with him.

I'm sitting on the bed next to his sisters while all of his family are here. His parents, grandparents even aunt and uncle are here. It is still hard for him to move around and I know the wound still hurt him, so he doesn't talk a lot. I'm very worried about him.

"It'a 10 already some of us have to go to work tomorrow,"

"And most importantly he needs to rest," his dad said then everyone agreed.

"Yeah let's go home, who's staying here tonight?" He asked.

"Sabrina is staying," his mom said then I nodded.

"Alright lets go home all," his grandpa said.

They said their goodbye to him, his dad even messing up with his hair making him smile. I watch them leave, until it's me and him again.When it's just the two of us left, none of us started a conversation, on the sound of Tv that broke all the silent.

"How, was, New York?" He suddenly asked.

"It was great," I said.

"How's the Dental Clinic? Do you like it?" He asked then I nodded.

"I love it," I said.

"I don't think it is the time to talk about New York, I-"

"It's okay I want to know," he said.

"Okay..," I said.

"New York has always been my dream, the dental clinic had a high potential because of its location, it's very strategic, and Andrew is amazing, I think he's going to be a good partner,"

"Oh and his apartment is huge, it's beautiful, it has the view that I always dreamed of," I said.

"Oh.., good for you," he said then I nodded, I thought he'll ask me more but he said nothing, he said he feels sleepy so I let him sleep.

I watch him falling asleep from the sofa, while I cannot sleep. I try to read anything that will make me fall asleep but I just can't. I stayed awake and I feel like I need a fresh air, so I open the door into the balcony and walk out to get myself a fresh air.

~

My eyes fluttered open and I woke up to Ansel trying to get up from his bed, while holding the pain which makes me getting up from the sofa to run to where he seats.

"Hey what do you need," I said while stopping him from getting up from the bed.

"I'm just thirsty," he said then I look at the glass of water on the table next to his bed. I get his glass of water then help him drinking the water through the straw.

After he's done drinking the water, I put the glass back on the table. He stays in silent while still sitting at the same position, watching me.

"You should've asked me," I say to him.

"You were asleep,"

"I don't want to bother you," he said then I frown, he's acting like we just met yesterday.