Chapter 53 - Your dark year

Ansel Alexander Renaldy

My eyes fluttered open while my head is killing me, I feel like I just slept on a rock. My body feels so heavy, even the sunlight from the glass wall in front of me hurt my eyes.

Wait what time is it, where am I? I slowly got up from the wooden floor while my hand on ny head. God, my head is killing me, why am I so dizzy right now. What happened and how could this happen,

I was staring at the bottle of whiskey on the coffee table and Damien who's sitting on the sofa. I look at him with dizzy head and heavy eyes, what is he doing in here? He looks at me with no expression or more like disappointed.

"I should've seen it," is the first words that he said.

"I should've not deny it," he said it with his arm crossed in front of him.

"Seen what," I ask him cluelessly.

"You're falling back to your drinking problem," he shakes his head then I got up from the floor.

"What are you talking about," I say walking away from him with my dizzy head, trying to look for a tablet to make this dizziness go away. If Sabrina's here she knows what to do, hungover wouldn't feel this bad.

"Ansel..," Damien said while following me into the kitchen, opening one of the empty kitchen cabinet.

"You ran out of wine," he said while I shake my head.

"What is wrong man?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong, what are you doing here?" I ask him then taking a seat in front of the island table.

"Why am I here?!"

"Your wife called me early this morning just because she's worried about you,"

"Sabrina?" I ask, hearing her name feel like something. Knowing that she's worried make me froze, why is she worried about me? What did I do? How did she know?

"We're getting a divorce," I said to him.

"What?!" He looks surprised.

"Come on you knew it since the start, it was all just an agreement," I said, expecting him to understand it but he only stare at me with serious eyes.

Why is he being so serious.

"We're getting a divorce man, it means I'm back to be free!" I said trying to get his reaction but I got none.

"You know we can always go anywhere we want, any bar just like the old days," I said but I got no reaction.

I wonder why is he being so serious, he should've been happy that I'm back to my own self.

"You're being ridiculous Ansel," Damien said while he's eyes are looking at me.

"You can't see it do you?"

"You're denying it again," he said.

I don't know why but the sound of his voice sounds like he's very disappointed.

"I should've seen it," Damien said.

"Seen what?!"

"Ansel, what happened in the past is in the past,"

"What happened to your brother isn't your fault," Damien said.

"Don't, Damien," I warned him.

"I'm sorry but I don't want to see you getting back to your that dark years," he said, still talking about the thing that I don't want to talk about.

"If you lost her now, you'll lost yourself," Damien said and it only push me to the edge of my patience.

"You love her do you," Damien asked me.