Chapter 46 - The Problem

Sabrina Kiehl

It's funny how both of our family is having a gathering at the same day, isn't it fun? Oh well my family held it in the morning while his at noon which is a perfect time. We both know that we can skip it and make some excuses but we've made lots of excuses not to come, but today it's her dad birthday we can't miss it. Well I was the one who feel like we can't miss it, since it is his dad..,

I was waiting for him in front of the island table until he lazily walks out of his room, I know that he probably doesn't wanna come, but like I just said, I feel like we can't skip it.

"You're ready?" I asked, as he walks pass me straight into the fridge to get himself a bottle of water.

"Yeah, have you ate breakfast?" He asked then I shake my head.

"Let's just have a brunch there, it's a big gathering there will be so much food I believe," he doesn't say a thing but walking towards the key hanger to get his keys.

"Okay let's go," he said before both of us leaving the apartment.

We got into his car and he drove us to my grandparents place because it's where the gathering took place. He handed the valley guy his key as we get in, I even bought his dad a present which I know I don't know if he's going to like it or not.

I know that it's probably going to be a little awkward for me to meet my parents after they skipped my graduation, well I don't care though. After all, I came here to see my grandparents that actually care for me and I believe just being here for a moment will mean something for them.

It's a big gathering so there are people that I don't really know are here, well my grandparents have many friends that they love to invite to their gathering so. I got inside then went straight to them to give them a nice kiss on the cheeks.

"Hi honey, thought that you won't come to today's gathering," my grandma said then I laugh.

"Well.., last couple months were hectic but not anymore now so," I said.

"Where's Ansel?" My grandpa asked looking for him then I turn around and I can't find him anywhere, thought he was behind me all the time.

"It's weird he was just behind me, do you want me to get him for you?" I asked.

"I guess he's still inside because he hasn't eat a thing since last night," I chuckle.

"Yeah it's alright I'll get to him once I got the file," my grandpa said.

"You go get something to eat darling," my grandma said before they told me to get myself a food.

I was walking back to the house once my phone rings from a message her family sent, saying that it's not only going to be his dad's birthday but it's also going to be a memorial for Ansel's late brother. I stopped once I read the message because I've never heard a thing about his brother, and how come I never hear about him? Maybe it's the boy from the frame that I found in his grandparents house.

I got into the house and find Ansel walking out of the toilet and he's fixing his sleeves which shown his sexy arm. I look at him and realize that he's not in a very good mood today since he become silent this morning.

"Hey, your sister said it isn't going to be just your dad's birthday but also in remembering your brother? How come I never know about this?" I asked while I follow him into a dining room where there's only the both of us and some unpack food there.