Chapter 9 - The Kiehl

Sabrina Alicia Kiehl

I've never ever been this anxious in my life, the last time I felt like this was when I was about to take my final exam to get a degree as a dentist. Now I can't stop tapping on my heels to the floor in Ansel's living room, making fake scenarios of possibilities that can happen in few hours.

"Did you get your grandma a birthday present?" He calmly asked before sipping on whatever inside the mug in his hand.

"I sent her a bouquet of flower, it says our names in it," I said then he nodded.

"Great, because I didn't get anything for your grandma since I've never met her before so I didn't know what to buy," he said.

"And I'm not good with present," he said then I can only raise my eyebrows,

Of course he's not good at it, I can tell by the way he took me to his stepmom birthday party. I keep looking at the tv screen in front of me which played tennis, I don't really know tennis. But it helps to distract me from my own thoughts,

"Let's go, we don't wanna be late," he said getting up from the dining table.

"Now?" I ask then he nodded.

"Yes," he said getting his key from the one of the cabinet near the kitchen.

I got up from the living room turning off the tv then began to follow him out of the apartment. We got out of the apartment and making our way straight to the elevator, to the basement and straight to his car. My grandma will be celebrating her birthday at their home, just like how his stepmom, but there's only going to be just family.

When we got there we got out of the car and the staff helps him to park the car. I stand right in front of the lobby while Ansel giving the car key to the valley staff. I was trying to taking a deep breath while I can hear my own heart beat which pounding so so fast. I look around as I can already hear everyone in the inside,

"I've never ever brought anyone before Ansel," I said to him right before we get in. He stands right in front of me while those blue eyes looking down at me, he suddenly steps closer before he pulls me for a hug.

My body froze when he suddenly does this, I can feel his palm touching my back rubbing it slowly. Like he's trying to calm me down or something, if this is a part of the show well it's a great one.

"Don't worry, they'll like me," he comfortably said before I broke into laugh.

"Isn't it supposed to be my part to say that to you?" I chuckle while he's smiling.

"Your grandpa has approved, no one can say no to his decision," Ansel said then I nodded.

"Let's go," he said.

We got into the house straight into the living room and I can see that my parents has already arrived too. They look at me then to Ansel before they share glance, like they know something is coming.

"Sabrina.., my darling," my grandma came up to me with a big hug and kisses on the cheeks.

"Happy Birthday nanna," I said to her.

"Ah thank you honey, your bouquet is the first thing I received this morning, it's very beautiful, and it says that it's from you and a lucky young man," she said with a smile on her face.

"Did grandpa told you?" I asked.

"Of course he did, James did a call after he met you, both of them are so excited," nanna said then it makes me realize did Ansel's grandpa already told them that we're engaged?

"You know about it?" I asked her.

"Of course I do, this very handsome young man actually came here few weeks ago, asking for a blessing from your grandpa," nanna said then I turned around to look at him who stand there proudly.