Chapter 26 - Why wouldn't I

Sabrina Kiehl

I went home early today, it's Friday again and I'm already expected that his friends are going to come over. I can always hang out with Alma but I choose to stay at home tonight because of the assignment that I should have done. The deadline is on Monday, I know I can always do it on Saturday or maybe Sunday. But I want it all to be done before the weekend, so I can at least take a rest for a moment.

I got into the apartment before putting my bag on the island table, checking the fridge cause if it's empty guess I have to go to the supermarket and it turns out that it's empty. I should've check it before I went out this morning so I could stop by the supermarket to by some groceries, my bad.

Guess this is a house wife thingy that I should do, beside if we don't have anything in the kitchen cabinet I know I would starve in the middle of the night while doing my assignments. So I decided to get change before decided to buy some groceries, thankfully it isn't so far from the apartment building so I'm just going to take a walk.

After I got changed into a bicycle short and a shirt, I put on a cap then take my phone and wallet with me. I walk out of the apartment by my own making my way into the grocery store alone.

I bought everything that we need, I can tell I can spend a lot of time in a grocery store wondering what brand should I buy. But thankfully after an hour of wondering what to buy I can finally go home. This evening walk makes me a little bit happy I don't know why, feels like I can enjoy some time alone as an adult nor like in home everything is under control all I have to do is study to make myself a straight A student.

I got into the apartment lobby then went straight to the elevator, it went open and it surprised me to see Ansel is in the same elevator. His eyes look up at me before smiling, what a coincidence.

"Hey," he said then I chuckle.

"What a coincidence," I said while getting in.

"Thought you're home already your car is at the basement," he said.

"I went grocery shopping, we ran out of things and your friends are coming over," I said then his lips curled into a smile.

"Thank you," he said then I nodded.

"So you went home early?" He asked then I nodded.

"Yeah I have assignments to do," I said to him.

"Deadline's on Monday," I said.

"Still on Monday you can chill for a moment," he said.

"I want to finish it before weekend so I can chill in the weekend," I said then he nodded.

"Alright dinner's on me, you go finish your assignment," he said then it makes me smile.

"Really?" I look at him then he nodded.

The elevator door went open makes both of us got out of it, making our way back to our home expecting his friends are already there or not.

"What a good partner," I tease then he only chuckles.

"I always am, you're lucky you bumped into me that night," he said then I can only nodded.

"You're lucky I offered the agreement," I said then he only nodded.

"Whatever you say," he sigh while smiling, we were laughing until he stops from walking when he sees someone standing in front of our apartment door.

"What happened?" I asked him then he shakes his head.

There's a girl standing right in front of our apartment door, she's wearing a dress and seems waiting for someone to open up the door for her. I look at her then to Ansel who seem surprised by this woman appearance, who is she? Maybe the girl she fucked the other night or what? Or maybe a client?