Neil/Todd

Confessions

Todd had been crushing on Neil since the first time they saw each other at Welton. He hadn't been able to take his eyes off him. He was home for the summer and so was his brother Jeffrey who was home from Harvard but would be going back.

Todd stayed in his room as his parents often ignored him and focused all their attention to Jeffery. He looked at his wall as he played his favorite music in the background.

Senior year was approaching and Jeffery would be graduating soon. Jefferey was engaged to his long time girlfriend Molly and was expecting to marry her in September.

Todd heard a knock and then his brother entered carrying boxes, he set them on Todd's desk.

"Father wanted you to have these, for when you have to take the big test," he said with a neutral look on his face. Todd nodded looking at the box.

"Thank you," Todd whispered but before Jeffery could leave he said, "I have to ask something..."

Jeffery looked at him waiting for him to continue. Todd didn't say anything at first as the words never seemed to form.

"I-I uh... I met someone," he said nervously fidgeting with his fingers. Jeffery raised an eyebrow, "and well I really like them..."

"Who is it?" Jeffery asked sitting down on the desk chair, Todd sat on his bed looking at the floor.

"Just someone..." He whispered not looking up.

"Bring them over for dinner, Molly is coming over." Jeffery smiled at Todd and walked out the room. It didn't hit Jeffery that Todd went to an all boys school until dinner rolled around.

The feeling of knowing yet not knowing filled Jeffery as Todd played with his food, Molly was talking to his parents laughing and talking about Harvard.

"Todd?" Jeffery called catching everyone attention, "why don't we set up the fireplace? Maybe some s'mores?" Jeffery smiled standing up, Todd looked confused. Todd was never really welcomed to these kinds of activities.

"Sure?" Todd stood up and followed his brother outside where the fire would be set up.

"Todd?" Jeffery said, Todd tensed up as he picked up the firewood along with Jeffery.

"Y-Yes?" Todd stuttered.

"I know." Jeffery looked at Todd with a stern and serious look.

"K-Know a-a-about what?" Todd stammered dropping the firewood, he quickly picked it back up and sped walk back to the fire pit.

"Todd! You know about what!" Jeffery shouted turning Todd around and looking him in the eyes. "Todd, I don't care. You're my brother and I love you no matter what," Jeffery's face softened as Todd once again dropped the firewood and hugged Jeffery tightly. Jeffery hugged back tighter allowing Todd to cry.

"Don't tell mom or dad, please?" Todd said pulling away from the hug collecting the fire wood and dumping it in the fire pit.

"I won't, but why not invite him over tomorrow? For dinner?" Jeffery smiled starting the fire and Todd shrugged but nodded, "I'll tell mom and dad don't worry."

After the s'mores everyone walked back inside and Todd went inside his room.

Todd called Neil, "Hey Neil," he smiled.
"Todd! Was wondering when you'll call," he chuckled.
"Been busy, Jeffery is home and brought his fiancé," Todd smiled.
"How is she? Is she nice?" Neil smiled leaning against the wall.
"She's very talkative, she is nice nonetheless, hey I was wondering, if maybe you'd like to come over for dinner? Tomorrow..?" Todd stuttered his voice slightly shaking.
"Dinner? Sure! I'd love to." Neil smiled his face a blushing mess, his heart began to beat fast.
"Really? Cool, I'll see you tomorrow then," Todd smiled his face red.
"See you tomorrow Todd, bye." Neil hung up and looked at the ceiling in awe a wide smile on his face.