THREE

Alexandra raised an eyebrow at the man, who stood in front of her with a confident smirk over his face

               Alexandra raised an eyebrow at the man, who stood in front of her with a confident smirk over his face. She wondered how one man can be so handsome. Actually, why would a man so handsome talk to me? She asked herself, finding this to be the more logical and rather pressing question. Her suspicious showed on her face as she said, "I find the book worth all the sadness it will cause".

He only hummed, "What could possibly be worth the sadness?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "somethings are worth the grief they will cause". She shrugged er shoulder, "It's a choice"

Klaus seemed surprised by her answer. So, she's not only a pretty face. He thought to himself still taken aback by her reply. "Niklaus". He extended his hand to shake hers. Alexandra stared at his hand for a second longer, before shaking it with hers.

"It's such a weird name you have". She hoped she didn't come off as rude, so she continued, "Slavic?" his smile grew wider and he pulled the chair opposite hers before siting down and nodded. Her eyes widened momentarily in shock, "Victory of the people" She gave a smile, "What a glorious name. I wonder what your parents thought about while naming you". Alexandra noted that at the mention of his parents his demeanor darkened and she wondered if she had stepped a boundary.

"You know Slavic?" he asked in a changed tone, one that sounded almost amused to her.

She shook her head, "Does anyone know Slavic now?" She retorted jokingly, "Niklaus Bütler" she recalled the memory of her first encounter of the name, "He was a Swiss painter, and I remember coming across his name and I was curious what it meant"

"Do you have a flare for art as well?" He asked with an arched eyebrow, and the smile didn't leave his face.

"I wouldn't call it a flare, but I think I appreciate all forms of creativity"

Klaus only nodded; he was still taken by the girl. Her beauty was effortless and she reminded him of that innocence he had lost years ago. He noticed her months ago, but he couldn't give it the time of his day. He had bigger plans, greater plans to follow. But he also noticed that something was different about her, her aura was darker, he had decided. She didn't seem like the girl he had seen before.

"You've known my name, studied it to the core, so what about yours, love?"

"Alexandra, but you can call me Alex" She said with a polite smile.

"Ah!" he started with a wide grin, "The defender of man"

She chuckled at that, "Please" she shook her head, "I could barely defend my cat against our neighbor's dog". She said jokingly.

Klaus chuckled, "I find the name Alexandra to hold a certain elegance to it, though. I think I would call you that from now on". The hint he was throwing at them having further interactions or meeting again bewildered Alexandra, also making her giddy inside, but she decided to play it cool.