FOURTEEN

Alexandra didn't want to jinx it, but the past couple if days had been quite peaceful. She was back to her earlier routine of waking up, going to school, studying, and going to the Grill sometimes. The only difference was having Rebekah and Jeremy around her almost all the time. She had asked Rebekah about Klaus more than once, but all she got out of her was that he was trying to find Esther and Finn.

Today she was walking to school alone. Rebekah had something to attend to with her family and she promised to tell her all about it later when they meet. She wasn't sure why, but Alexandra had the creeping sensation that someone was following her.

She tried to ignore it, she really did. She kept looking behind her, but she didn't see anything out of place. "Can't say I'm going crazy, not with everything happening." She decided to find her phone and call Rebekah. She dialed the number and no sooner had she heard the third ring than she felt someone tapping her shoulder.

She turned quickly and on seeing who it was she breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, it's you." A small smile came over her face, but soon disappeared as she saw the way he was looking at her. Rebekah on the other end of the line kept calling Alexandra, then she heard the sound of the man. His words made her jolt out of her bed. "Alaric, No!' Alexandra's scream was the last thing she heard before the line go dead.

➽───────────────❥

"What do you mean he got away?" Damon asked Meredith angrily.

"I don't know, okay!" She shouted then pulled her hair back, "I was in the kitchen making us coffee, then he showed up behind me. He tried to stab me, but I fought him off." She let out a sigh, "I tried to reach out for my phone and he ran away."

"Where could he possibly go?" Stefan asked with worried eyes. He turned to his brother, "Elena!" Stefan flashed out of the Alaric's apartment leaving Damon to think of where he could have gone. There was a thought playing in his mind, one he had been trying to dwindle, which is calling Elijah. However, he guessed it could have a counter effect.

The thought of Elijah brought back the memories of them together, rolling between the sheets, and talking about their days when they were human. The problem Damon was facing that he thought it would be a one time thing, so how it kept happening was beyond him. "We have to look for him too." Meredith's voice brought him from his thoughts and he nodded his head.

➽───────────────❥

"Nik." She yelled for him as she ran down the corridor to his room.

Klaus came out of his room with a scowl, "What is it now, sister? Why are you screaming so early in the morning?"

She held his arms, staring in his eyes with a frantic look, "Something happened to Alex. I think Alaric did something to her."

"What? The history teacher? Do you know where she is?" He strode away with her following behind him.

"I don't know, but the Salvatore brothers must know something."

"What's going on?" Elijah asked when they arrived at the parlor.

➽───────────────❥

"Don't you feel any guilt?" It was the first thing Alexandra heard when she opened her eyes. Her head was pounding and her eyes hurt when opened them. But she struggled with the pain until she managed to stand up from the ground of the woods.

"What are you talking about? Alaric, why did you do this?" She held her hand trying to ease the pain somehow.

Alaric took a step closer to her, "Being friends with originals, they're the root of all evil." He circled around her her, "You know I thought Elena was bad, but looking at you, I feel disgusted."

"This isn't like you." She shook her head, but regretted her movement right away. Closing her eyes, "You love Elena and Jeremy. You treat them like your own."

"I saw the light, and I'll help you see it too." She saw a knife in his hand and she knew the only light she'd see would be after her death.

➽───────────────❥

"How come you didn't tell me?" Elijah asked angrily pulling Damon by the arm. They were searching part of the woods, while Rebekah and Klaus searched a different part. Stefan opted to stay with Elena and Jeremy.

"What did you want me to tell you? My friend turned bonkers and wants to kill us all?" Damon was fuming, he blamed himself for this, especially after knowing it was because of the ring. God knows how many times he had killed Alaric, so he believed to be part of the reason for what had happened.

"Yes, Damon. I would expect you to tell me." Elijah stood his ground with a firm look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know we're in a relationship and we share things now." Damon retorted sarcastically, then resumed his walking. 

➽───────────────❥

"If you care so much then why didn't you reach out to her? She's been waiting for you, Nik." Rebekah exclaimed angrily. Klaus only clenched his fists but didn't say anything. Rebekah scoffed, "You're running the best thing that could ever happen in your miserable existence."

Klaus would usually retort, but he remained silent. The two were suddenly hit with the strong stench of blood. "It's her." Klus decided and ran towards the smell. It took less than a minute to find Alexandra on the ground in a pool of her own blood and Alaric's body next to hers with a knife stuck to his abdomen.

Alexandra was gasping for breath, the metallic taste of her own blood strong in her mouth. Her eyes remained open, staring straight at the sun. She wanted to capture the last moment of her life and the light of the day seemed like the most beautiful thing to look at. A face appeared before her, one that she didn't know she missed all that much. When she saw Klaus' before her she gave a small smile. She opened her mouth trying to talk but only coughed up more blood. "I think I killed him."

A/N

Hello beautiful people, ♥️

I hope you like this chapter as well. What do you think will happen next?

Finally thank you for every read, comment, and vote.

Lots of love 💕,
Alex xoxo