CHAPTER 4

EVA SCARLET.

Scene (The anniversary party on the pack ground.)

"Eva try to socialize with other pack members, you might be lucky to find your mate this evening." My Mother says to me as we are standing in the entrance. I am here to attend the anniversary party of our Alpha. His name is Haden and his mate Lillian is our Luna. They both have been together for about twenty five years now and they are the sweetest Alpha pair I have ever seen. Each year our Alpha organize such grand event to celebrate his love for his mate. He usually invite several important people from different packs. This grand gesture is sort of important for our pack members as often whole pack attends this party and try to find their fated mates and more often than not they do find their mates on such occasions such as these.

"I know mother just relax, my mate won't be attending this year. You and Father can go get some drinks and let me find some hiding spot." I say with sarcasm in my voice. It is sad to know that I tried to look for my mate on such occasions ever since I turned eighteen.

I am daughter of Beta of Lycan Blood pack. My Father being an important person of this pack often has to attend such parties and meeting for the pack and sometimes I tag along with them to such occasions to find my mate but in all these years I was just faced by disappointment.

"Don't say such things Eva. I am sure he is somewhere looking for his mate as well. Just have faith in Moon Goddess and she will surely help you find him. Now go and company your cousin Alex. He just turned eighteen and he is also looking for his mate." She says and slips away with my dad to greet other guests.

I walk over to my cousin brother Alex. He is attending this event for the first time and he seems to be genuinely nervous. "Alex!" I say before I loose my balance. My hand automatically slides over Alex's arm and he moves forward to help me with some support.

I am wearing heels and I can say that they are pretty high for my liking which makes me even more clumsy. My mother matched these heels with my silver floor length gown which is also not helping me either.

SILVER DRESS.

"Careful, don't fall off in front of everyone, the event has just started

"Careful, don't fall off in front of everyone, the event has just started." He says mockingly. I smake him on the shoulder.
I feel his hard muscles under this suit.

"You look great Cousin." He leans down and places a small pec on my cheek.

Alex can only be described as a gentleman. He respects and treats every female in the pack. He has grown so much over the last few years.
We use to hang out together a lot before I got into med school. He is my only friend whom I can share my secrets with.
Alex although is two years younger than me but he has always been the one to play the role of elder brother.
He is responsible one and is protective of me.
If I have to talk to someone or is I get into trouble, he is always there to help me out and prove me some solutions.

"You try wearing this silly sparkly dress for a night before you make any comment about me falling off." I reply back. We have always been this friendly.

"Any luck with mate yet?" he asks.

"I wouldn't be standing here with you if I did find him. Did you find yours?" I respond him.

"Our luck is almost the same." He smiles and tucks my hand through his arm and I hold him for support. We walked, meet his friends and make light conversations before sweet earthly scent hit my nose. It's mixture of something similar but fresh like grass, nature and something I can not pinpoint. I have this sudden urge to follow this amazing smell.

......

It's my fourth chapter.
Hope you like it.
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\