CHAPTER 12

EVA SCARLET.

Scene. ( Eva's apartment.).

I quickly get to my apartment and start packing the stuff that I might need. I mind link my mom and Alpha that I will be out of the town for few days. Somehow they both agreed to it. Being a pack member, it's my responsibility to tell my Alpha about my travelling plans. And I being myself clumsy tell my mom every thing like a kid in the kindergarten.

"Meow" shrieking sound comes from my living room and I see Mr. Prickles sitting on the sofa with his legs spread wide and his tail shaped like letter 's'. He looks like he just woke up from a nap.

"Oh! Mr. Prickles, did I awake you?." He just starts licking his legs, all the way ignoring me. "Let me feed you and then we will go on an adventure."

I take out his cat food from the jar and fill his bowl, out of no where he appears and start eating all his food from the bowl. "I think you only recognise me as your roommate when I feed you."

When I am done packing all my stuff in a small traveling bag, I pick up Mr. Prickles and place him in the portable transparent cat bag, lock my windows and switch off my main switch which cuts off all electricity in the apartment, finally walk out of the apartment. I even check my main door twice to be sure it's locked.

When I get to the parking area I slip my hand to my pocket to get my car keys but then I remember it's on t.v cabinet. "I knew it!.. I knew it was going to happen. I forgot my car keys back in the apartment." I say to myself. It's one of the signs of a silly person. I walk all the way back to my apartment with Mr. Prickles on my back, get my car keys and walk all the way back to my car. I have my dad's old beat up Ford truck in red colour, he gave it to me when he got new one for himself. It was in better condition then all shiny and sparkly but now it's fate has changed in my hands. I rarely use it as I spend all time either in hospital interning or in library studying for the exams.

I start my journey. First stop is Starbucks. I need my morning fill of the coffee.

........

I am almost thirty minutes into the drive and I have already finished my first cup of coffee and I am urging for a refill. Mr. Prickles is relaxing on the passenger seat and my wolf Anna is mad at him and she is ignoring me ever since our mate left us. She won't talk to me unless I make it right and have our mate with us. She wants him but she won't talk to him unless he apologize to he to her personally. I don't understand my own wolf, she is completely different than me but she is my best friend after Mr. Prickles.

............

Few hours into drive I make a stop at the gas station to fill up my car tank. I even bought some eatables at the store and feed Mr. Prickles., More importantly I get my coffee. I believe my body cannot function without coffee.

When I am back on the road again my GPS signals me to turn right. The Moon Knight Pack border will start within a mile or two. It is one of the strongest packs. I met Alpha William Knight last year at the eventwhich was hosted by Alpha Haden. He and my father are very close friends and I have grown up hearing their stories of wolf adventure, them doing things together but I never met him before last year and surprisingly he knew almost everything about me. I know my father told him about me, even the most embarrassing stories of my childhood. Alpha William is very kind, polite and interesting Alpha I have ever met. He leads the conversation and never uses his Alpha powers on anyone unless it's necessary.

The pack border comes in the view, I see few uniformed enforcers are standing at the entrance. When I get near the entrance gate, one of the enforcer signs me to stop my truck and lower my window.

"Miss, May I know you name and your pack and Can you give me your ID." He asks and his eyes dart on Mr. Prickles.

"Eva Scarlet. Lycan Blood Pack." I answer as I hand over my ID. He walks over to other enforcer and hands it to him before returning back.

"Purpose of visit?" he asks.

"I....I .. um" I swallow hard. I don't know what to say, I try again " I am...uh ..here to meet my mate." I say the truth.

"Mate's Name please. We need some confirmation." He asks and other enforcer walks back to my truck and hands him my ID.

"I ...um.. would like to meet Alpha William first. You can ask him, he knows me and he can confirm my identity as well. Just call him and say him that Eva Scarlet, daughter of Beta James from Lycan Blood pack wants to meet him." He nods and returns to the entry booth near the huge gateway probably to make a phone call. I don't know if Alpha William will recognise me now, but it's important for me to meet my mate so I have to try. I don't want others to get suspicious about Liam being my mate. I not even sure, he lives here or not.

After few seconds the same enforcer walks out and say "All clear, you can go now, but Alpha William asked one of our enforcers to guide to the Alpha William's farmhouse. So Demi will be joining you, if you don't mind." He says. After few minutes I was driving again but the passenger on the passenger seat has changed.

"What is the name of the cat?" Demi asks.

"Mr. Prickles."

"He smells so bad. I think he needs a wash and a haircut too." She says, I could see her nose crunching. She is one of the enforcers assigned to assist me to Alpha William's Farmhouse. She is tall, confident and pretty with block hairs. She is more expressive which is opposite to my personality.

"What was the purpose of you visit again?" she asks curiously.

"Um. To meet Alpha William." I say hesitantly.

"I know, I mean the real reason, like why are you here?"

"I want to talk to my mate, so I am here to ask Alpha William some help." I say.

"So you know who your mate is?" she asks eyeing the straight road ahead.

"I think so. I met him a while ago but due to some misunderstanding he thinks I want to reject our mate bond so he left. And now I am here to find him and talk to him." I say as I try to control my emotions.

"Oh.. okay. Tell me what you do then? Like do you have some job or are still studying some random stuff in school." She asks trying to change the conversation.

"I am actually studying in med school to be a pack doctor and I work as an intern in the hospital." I say, feeling proud at my achievements so far.

"Cool! you are a multitasker, now turn left over the roundabout, I always wanted to be someone like you. So, I became enforcer for my pack. Its similar to your job but more action and drama." She says and I turn my truck to left, it takes us on a wide road and the sign board says 'KNIGHT FAMILY FARMHOUSE.'

As we get to the entrance the door automatically opens and the enforcer steps in front of Demi's window

As we get to the entrance the door automatically opens and the enforcer steps in front of Demi's window. He hands her a clipboard and she signs her name on it. He nods and walks away.

"Why there are so many enforcers on every entrance?" I ask.

"Safety reasons. Alpha wants everybody to feel safe I guess."

.....

It's my 12th chapter.
Hope you like it.
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

The photos used in the chapter are taken from the GOOGLE. (Source of information now a days.)

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\