Prologue

I always thought I would live forever, well at least I wanted to. But that all changed one night in October.

I was just a regular girl, working as a bartender, had a small apartment, a few house plants, I did not have regular friends outside of work.

My coworkers were what I considered my friends, I dated off and on through the years but nothing serious.

I was only twenty-five when my life was taken from me. Laying in the back of an alley, discarded like trash, stabbed multiple times.

I did not see who stabbed me, this person came from behind as I was walking to my car after the bar closed. I could smell the alcohol.

No words were spoken, no noise except from the street a block over.

As I laid there, the snow started to fall, I could not feel the coldness from it. I did not feel anything at that moment. No remorse, no sadness.

There was no light waiting for me, in fact there was nothing except the darkness that started to cloud over my eyes.

My breath was shallow, there was no pain.

My only thought as the darkness came for me was, I thought forever would have lasted longer.

Just as that thought came, it was gone as my eyes were closing, I was about to surrender to the darkness, a figure stood over me.

"This is going to hurt but it is your time" a whisper on the wind said.

He bent down and cradled me in his arms, turning my head to the side. I closed my eyes, not caring what this man was about to do as my heart slowed down beating its last few beats.

Just then I screamed as what felt like razor sharp needles sank deep into my neck. A warmth started to flow through my neck, down my chest, into my arms and my legs.

The warmth turned to fire, it was burning me alive, I did not realize I stopped screaming, as my eyes rolled back into my head the man let go of my neck and picked me up in his arms.