Chapter Twenty

I decided to head right to my bedroom, putting on a royal blue nightgown just seemed right. Course Lisa did not give me much of a choice to have basic nightgowns.

They were all beautiful and colorful.

Opening the doors, I walked out on the balcony, looking to the water with the moon full and high in the sky, creating an effect on the water.

It looked like a million tiny diamonds shimmering just for me. Standing there I saw Thomas standing on the shore looking my way.

I waved, not knowing if he could see me, but he did as he waved back. We each stood there in that moment the feeling came over me as a warm breeze touched my face.

Just as a gentle caress, in the wind I whispered "I chose you Thomas" hoping the wind would carry it back to him.

I stood there a moment longer, waiting to see if he did hear me, but when I thought he did not, I heard it loud and clear.

"I promise to make you happy and feel loved for all eternity" in the wind as it caressed my body. I stood there smiling like a schoolgirl finding out her crush liked her back.

I left the doors open as I crawled under the covers, laying there I could hear in the distance the water hitting the shoreline.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard the most awful roar, my heart leapt into my throat with it racing a mile a minute.

Something was not happy, and the feeling of dread washed over me. Before I could do anything, Arron stood on the balcony looking at me.

My eyes went wide, my voice left me the moment I saw him. He stalked over to the door and locked it, putting a dresser in front of it.

Sitting there with the covers over my chest acting like a shield, not knowing what he was about to do.

"We haven't even had a date, yet you chose that water creature?" Arron roared walking to my bed.

There was pounding on my bedroom door, I could hear Duke and Evan hollering on the other side.

"I felt a connection to Thomas, I wasn't going to deny that for anyone" I yelled back at him.

"You may have chosen him, but I still choose you Jasmine, and you will be mine" he said as he climbed on the bed making his way towards me.

I scooted back until I hit the backboard, nowhere else to go, and I knew I was not fast or strong enough to get away from him.

"Oh, I'm not going to hurt you Jasmine, I want you as my mate" he said as he was towering over me.

He grabbed a hold of my neck and pulled me towards him. The more I resisted the more pressure he put on my neck until I cried out in pain.

"Don't fight me my love" he said as he kissed me, I tried to pull away, but fighting was useless against him.

Just as I was about to relax so he would stop hurting my neck he broke the kiss.

Looking down at me something behind his eyes shifted, before I could react, he bit down on my shoulder, I screamed out in pain as it burned.

Arron let go, "now you wear my mark" he said as he let go of me and went to the balcony, "by the next full moon you will be mine Jasmine, make no mistake on that one" he said and then was gone.

I fell out of bed, when the door busted open, and the dressers went flying into pieces around the room.

Duke, Evan, and even Thomas came rushing into the room. They stopped the moment they saw me lying on the floor, bleeding from the neck as the wounds were not healing.