Chapter Thirty

Everyone was in the kitchen when Duke and I walked in, Evan smiled and gave me a wink. Arron was sitting at the table going over the list.

"So, she passed the Fairy test, how nice" Arron said rolling his eyes which had me smirking.

"It wasn't a damn fairy test you dog" Evan replied.

Duke and I busted out laughing, "nice to see you guys finally getting along" Duke said as he went to see what Evan was cooking for dinner.

I walked over to Arron and sat on his lap, "I'm proud of myself for passing, it was starting to hurt" I said with a wink to Evan.

"You work tomorrow with Duke to train the wolf part; this I have to see for myself" Arron said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Why do you say it like it's going to be a joke?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, bringing out the wolf part of your DNA isn't an easy job, the Fae part was tuning into nature and your surroundings, this one is a whole new world" Evan said as he put dinner on our plates.

We each grabbed ours and sat around the kitchen table.

"Well can you at least give me a heads up as to what I'm supposed to hopefully be able to do?"

Just as Duke was going to say something Thomas walked in. "Hope I'm not late for dinner" he said with a wink at me.

"Nope, just in time" I said as he sat next to me.

"What are you all talking about?" Thomas asked as he started eating.

"How Jasmine completed the fairytale training and passed with flying colors" Arron said laughing.

We all started laughing except Evan who threw a French fry at Arron. But he still had a smirk on his face.

"So proud you got your wings" Thomas said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Ha, ha you guys are so funny" Evan said chuckling.

"Tomorrow she must complete the course that Duke is going to set up for her" Evan said, and Arron snorted.

"This is going to be interesting; I'll video it for you Thomas so you can laugh right along with me" Arron said.

Duke looked over at Arron," you think you could do better with Jasmine?"

"I know I could," Arron said looking back at Duke.

"Oh no not happening" I said. I had a feeling I knew what was going on and I was not happy about it.

"Okay, we each set it up for tomorrow and we will see who gets Jasmine to bring out her wolf first" Duke said.

"Agreed," replied Arron.

I sat there fuming. I decided not to say a word, those two alphas were too busy seeing who was better. I just might not show up just to prove a point.

Thomas put his hand on my leg, rubbing slow circles. I took a breath; his touch was relaxing which was helping me calm down.

After dinner I grabbed Thomas' hand and we went for a walk into the gardens.

"What's going through your mind, love?"

"I hate that I'm the center piece for those two idiots," I said with a smile.

"Well at least with me, I know you can't breathe underwater like I can, but I can help you find things underwater to help you if you need to escape," Thomas said, pulling me to him.

"Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from" I said as I rested my head against his chest. His hands were rubbing circles on my back.

"Want to do something fun?" he asked, looking down at me.

"Yes"

"Follow me" Thomas took a hold of my hand and led me out of the gardens, into town, there was a small place out of the way that had music coming from it.

We walked in and saw people dancing. My face lit up when I looked up at Thomas.

A few people I knew said hi and were happy to see me there, Thomas took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

We spent the next few hours dancing and laughing. I was enjoying myself, it felt good to not think, not train, not worry about anything.

I could finally just be me for once, and I had Thomas to thank for this wonderful time.

A slow song came on, and my body melted into Thomas's. His arms around my body, cocooning me which I did not mind one bit.

Another slow song started right up after the last one finished. We kept dancing, I did not care if there was not any music, I could have stayed like this forever, being in Thomas arms I felt safe and at home.

"There's our little minx," Arron said. I sighed as I raised my head to see Duke, Arron, and Evan walk into this place. "There goes our quiet time" I said to Thomas.

"Soon my love, we will have our time where none of them can find us" he whispered with a wink.

I knew he was referring to the cave, our cave as he called it. I was more than happy with that thought, spending time alone with Thomas with no interruptions was sounding more ideal as time went on.

As the song stopped Arron walked over and Thomas looked over at Duke, Duke nodded, letting Thomas know that just to give Arron this one song.

Thomas kissed my hand, "always a pleasure having you in my arms" he whispered against my hand. I mouthed I love you to Thomas.

He winked and walked away as Arron stood with his chest against my back. I closed my eyes feeling his body against mine.

The music picked up and a slow but rhythmic song came on, I slowly started to move my body against Arron, his breathing hitching up a notch.

I kept moving against him, he turned me around as his arms went around my back. I looked up into his eyes, he was fighting his beast.

His beast was wanting to claim me right there in front of everyone, but Arron was controlling it as best as he could.

"Dance with me" I said as I began to move my body against his, "think of it as a form of mating ritual" I whispered.

His eyes darkened, as his beast heard what I said. His body was moving against mine, my hands were around his neck, pulling his face down to mine.

I kissed him, slowly and teasing at first, then I nipped his lip. He was about to pick me up and take me to the forest until that one guy showed up.

"Oh, look who is here, that bitch from the other day" he said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Your mother is here?" I replied, looking at him. Duke and Evan spit out their drink and Thomas sat back and smiled. Thomas knew I could handle myself against a human.

He saw me handle myself with Arron and that took guts when Arron could rip someone apart in seconds and not even think about it.

"What did you say?" the guy asked me as he started to walk closer.

"You said bitch, so I thought you were referring to your mother since she did have you" I said standing there facing this idiot.

I could feel Arron against my back, he was trying hard to stay out of it, letting me handle this but I could also sense his beast was close to the surface.

"You shouldn't talk to people like you do," he said, getting closer.

"Well, you should take your own advice, I'm here enjoying myself with my family, now go away" I said turning my back to him.

I could feel he was about to grab me, but I spun around and punched him in the nose. "I said leave me alone."

The guy grabbed his nose as blood started to pour out. He looked like he was going to hit me.

"I wouldn't if you want to stay alive" Arron growled out. The guy's eyes got wide, and he took off with his friends running after him.