Chapter Fifty-One

This cave was set up like the other one. I went to the surface and there was enough room for my head to poke out of the water enough to get some air.

I slowly swam till it opened into a large cave. I pulled myself out and looked around, there was a small fire going and a bed made up.

Looking around I saw a set of footprints but nothing else. What was going on here? I thought. I heard a noise coming from a different part of the cave.

I quietly walked a bit and once around the corner there was Thomas grabbing some more sticks.

"Thomas" I yelled and ran to him. He turned around with a smile on his lips and dropped the sticks.

I jumped into his arms and kept hugging him. "I was so worried that something had happened to you" I said as I kept kissing his lips, his face. I could not stop.

"Sweetheart, we had to do it this way, too many things were going wrong before" he said holding me.

I pulled back and swatted at his arm, "don't scare me like that ever again" I said, wiping away some of the tears that fell from my eyes.

"My love, I will never leave you on purpose, we came up with this plan because we needed a real reaction" he said, kissing me back.

The fear of losing him was so great that I needed to keep my hands on him, making sure this was real. Thomas took my hand and led me back to the other part of the cave where the fire was going.

"For the next two days this is where you and I will be staying" he said as I sat down on the makeshift bed. Thomas sat down next to me.

I could not stand it any longer and moved to where I was straddling his lap. I brought his face to mine with my hands, kissing him.

"Take me right here right now love" I whispered against his lips.

I did not have to ask twice, next thing I knew I was on my back, and we spent that night showing each other how much we needed each other.

Waking up I stretched and looked around, I saw Thomas get out of the water, yep, he was a god or at least close to it.

"Thomas, do the rest of the guys know what is going on?"

"Duke came up with this plan and when you went into rogue mode, Arron went into his and started to go on a rampage since you weren't listening to anyone"

"Oh shit, is everyone okay?"

"They are all fine, Duke's house is going to need a few things fixed, and Arron settled down once Duke told him what was going on, let's just say they aren't speaking right now" Thomas said with a chuckle.

"Jasmine, no one in over three hundred years has seen Arron love anyone other than himself, you are the only one that has been able to tame his beast so to speak"

"That is what love does" I said sitting up.

"Once we are mated, you do realize Arron won't be giving you up anytime soon, he is lost without you right now even though he knows you are safe and with me but still his beast side is wanting his mate in his arms"

"I figured as much, one thing though that I'm not sure of, is it tonight at midnight or tomorrow at midnight that this ceremony will happen?"

Thomas sat there for a moment, "it's tonight at midnight."

"How do we know what's going on out there? I don't want any of my mates hurt and I guess Evan can be safe as well" I said, and Thomas laughed.

"I will be going to a meeting spot that Duke and I set up, and I will find out what is going on, then I will be able to tell you, no love you must stay hidden" he said when he saw a look cross over my face.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Always love"

"Why does Demar hate me so much?"

"That is a sad story with a bad ending, his father was in love with the queen, but she didn't see him that way. You see, Demar's father was the queen's main guard, she had her mates and was content with just them.

One night after being rejected, Demar's father went into town and raped a young girl who was about to get married the next morning.

Her betrothed caught them in the act, and he broke off the engagement, her father disowned her. Distraught, she went searching for Luke, which was Demar's father's name.

Luke went looking for this girl, wanting to use her for his fun, when he found out she was sent away he lost it. Killed her father and hunted down her ex-fiancé.

Luke found her wandering in the forest, took her to his home and turned her into a vampire, but what they did not know was that she was pregnant with Demar at the time.

So, when he was born, Luke was cold and distant once he saw that the queen did not want Luke even though he sired a child.

His father killed his mother and decided to go after the queen. Demar was only six years old when his father tried to kill the queen.

He saw the queen kill his father, and since then, he has vowed to kill every queen that was reincarnated as the true heir."

I sat there listening to the story. I felt bad for Demar. "Does Demar know that it was his father that was evil?"

"No, his father brainwashed him into thinking the queen out of jealousy had his mother killed and when his father turned down the queen, she killed him as well."

"So, no matter what, Demar won't believe the truth will he?"

"No, my love he won't, he believes everything that his father ever told him was the truth, even though the queen tried to explain when Demar was older, Demar vowed to kill every new queen he could get his hands on"

"So, when the line of the queens stopped"

"Demar believed that he had stopped the line, he didn't realize that one of the queens had hidden a daughter amongst the human world."

"That would have been my fourth great grandmother?" I asked.

"Yes, each line has a girl first to keep the bloodline going, she can have multiple children, but the first born must be female"

"What happens if the first born is a male?"

"I do not know; your bloodline has always produced a female first" Thomas said as he was getting into the water.

"Thank you for telling me all of this," I said watching him.

"Always my love, you should know all of our tales, it will help you in the long run" he said as he winked.

"I will be back soon, do not go anywhere" he said looking directly into my eyes.

"I promise I will be right here and will not be going anywhere" I said holding up my hand.

Thomas dove under the water, while he was gone, I might as well get some sleep. I thought, tonight is the blood ceremony, and I needed my rest.