Chapter Four

"Well Jasmine, let's get started shall we" this woman said. I turned around and my mouth dropped open. She was stunning.

This woman standing before me was at least six foot, thin, long blonde hair, icy blue eyes but her voice was smooth and warm. If I did not know better, I would have thought she was a supermodel by how she looked.

I walked over to her, standing there awkwardly, the woman smiled down at me.

"I'm Lisa, and don't worry I will make sure you are the bell of the ball no matter what you are wearing" she said with a wink of her eye.

For the next three hours, she measured and dressed and altered every piece of clothing I tried on and liked. After she was finished, I had a months' worth of clothes hanging up in the dresser that held a section to hang clothes in.

Lisa opened the door, "my lord, Jasmine is all set and I have her measurements for next time" she said as he left the room.

Duke walked in and stopped when he saw me, I could see the light in his eyes grow brighter. I turned from the mirror and walked over to him.

"Thank you so much for everything, I have never worn just beautiful clothing before. I just wore jeans and a t-shirt most days, never even owned a dress" I said smiling up at him.

Duke turned me towards the mirror, as he stood there behind me, I was too busy looking at him until he cleared his throat.

"Sorry" I said, feeling my cheeks grow heated.

"You are so beautiful Jasmine; I think you should always wear these summer dresses" he whispered.

I could not help but smile, never having received a compliment before, especially from a man, my heart warmed even more to this man.

"If you are ready, I can take you on the grand tour of the house, and gardens. That way you can wander around anytime you wish without getting lost" he said, holding out his arm.

I wrapped my arm around his and followed him out into the hallway. This hallway had four bedrooms, mine, his, his brother Evan's, and a spare room.

The staircase was massive, everything so far was all solid wood, the walls, the stairs, the floor. Everything was a dark cherry wood.

The second floor held two offices, a library, and a game room. I knew where I was going to be spending time after seeing the library.

The main floor held the kitchen any chef would want, a family room and a dining room for guests, he informed me.

"Most times we eat in the family room watching whatever movie we agree on," Duke said laughing. I could not wait to meet the brother. If Evan were as charming and warm as Duke, my time here would be worth it.

After the house, Duke took me to the gardens. There were roses everywhere the eye could see. Every color of rose was mixed together.

"These gardens are amazing, Duke" I said as I walked over to a group of roses and bent over to smell them. The scents were perfect together.

"Thank you, these were our mother's pride and joy" he said smiling at a memory he kept to himself.

We continued to the backyard where there were gardens of wildflowers, herbs, and more roses. There were flowers I had never seen before.

There were also three massive greenhouses, and a gazebo with ivy mixed in with climbing roses that made this gazebo a magical place to be in.

Standing inside of it, I was turning around taking it all in. I noticed Duke standing there watching me. "Everything okay?" I asked.