Chapter Forty-Six

After dinner I went upstairs to get dressed, my nerves were all over the place. I could not decide what to wear at that moment.

I had on my robe that Lisa had given to me as a gift, it was black silk with each of my mate's colors intertwined in it.

I went and stood out on my balcony, looking at the setting sun, trying to find the courage that I needed for this meeting that prince Ryan agreed to.

Duke walked up and wrapped his arms around me, "been awhile since we have had a moment together" he whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"It has been too long" I sighed leaning back against him, "I miss you, Duke."

"I miss you too darling."

"We will all be with you tonight."

"I know, I'm still nervous," I said, closing my eyes.

Duke turned me around in his arms, "dance with me in the sunset."

I wrapped my arms around his waist "always" I said as we began to slowly sway side to side.

We danced to our own music, gazing into each other's eyes. This moment was what I needed. Just to be in his arms, feeling his love.

We heard a throat clear, Duke glanced over and nodded. I looked over and sighed, "It's time, isn't it?"

"Yes, my love it is" Duke said as he kissed me with such passion that my heart melted.

Duke released me reluctantly, "I need help finding something to wear" I said.

Arron walked over and looked at the dresses hanging up, he picked one that was simple yet elegant. "I think this one fits the situation," he said.

I looked at it, it had all my mates' colors blended. It had emerald, black, red, and royal blue mixed with turquoise. How the colors melted into each other was quite stunning.

I slipped it on, with a pair of black sandals. I tied my hair up as best as I could with a few small ringlets hanging down.

I stood in front of the guys "how do I look?" I asked, biting my bottom lip.

"Stunning as always my love" Arron said, and the rest agreed with him.

We walked out of the house towards the forest, Arron taking my hand with the rest of the guys surrounding me.

We were showing we were a force not to mess with, plus I could not have asked for a better group to be mated with, and to have as a family.

Evan made sure he was at my back; he was wanting nothing to happen on his watch as he put it. He did not know how grateful I was or how much I trusted him.

They all said they would die for me, but what they did not know was I would die for each one of them as well. I could not tell them that, they would not want to hear it, but it was still the truth, the only one who knew was Lilith, just as the original queen died for her mates.

Past the forest there was a gate that was closed. I looked up at Arron, I could see his beast was just under the surface.

I looked over at Aztec who was on my other side, and I could see his dragon behind his eyes, watching and waiting for any sign that I was in trouble. Looking behind me a bit I saw Duke's eyes on me with a concerning look.

Thomas was on the other side of Evan; I was surrounded by my mates, and Evan who liked the title bodyguard.

"The queen to be is here for the meeting with prince Ryan" Arron said in a quiet but deadly tone. The gates opened and there stood a man that was half bull.