Chapter Thirty-Nine

"I think Jasmine has earned a few days off," Duke said as he put a full plate of food in front of me for breakfast.

He has made it his mission in life to feed me as much as possible, I swear.

But as usual, he is right about how much I can eat. I guess tapping into the new abilities I burn way more than I thought I would.

I am always hungry now, so Duke makes sure to feed me at least five times a day. I thought I would be gaining more than I am, but Duke says with how fast my metabolism has become because of the wolf and dragon inside of me now, it will be hard to put on weight.

"I second that one" I said between stuffing my face full. I lost all hope of manners anymore which Evan takes every moment to tease me about.

"One day brother, she is going to kick your ass and I'm going to sit back and laugh" Duke said sitting next to me.

"Oh, I'm sure one day she will when she stops stuffing her face" Evan said sitting down across the table from me.

"I will give anything to see her kick your ass after that comment" Arron said, grabbing his plate and sitting next to me.

"Oh, when he least expects it" I said grinning at him.

"That is what scares me just a little, oh wait it ran away so whatever" Evan said laughing.

"I think we should spend some time down at the beach then go for a walk, I'm curious to see what's past the forest."

Arron stilled, "you want to go past the forest love?"

"Unless it's not safe, no one tells me what's around here" I said, finishing my plate.

"It's safe but it's like a maze since that is where the minotaur clan lives," he said while eating.

"The what?"

"The minotaur clan, you know half man half bull people"

"I know what they are, but I didn't think, oh never mind" I said throwing my hands up, "I'm going to shower alone" I said as I walked towards the stairs.

After my shower I put on a soft golden colored sundress, silver sandals and pulled my hair into the tiniest ponytail that I could do.

Going downstairs I noticed it was quiet. I did not like quiet in this house, not when thirty minutes ago it was full of male testosterone.

I went into the kitchen, empty, I looked around the house, nothing, no guys, no note. I went outside and did not hear or see any of them around.

Well, this is weird, I thought, then it hit me. They better not be testing me yet again; "I want a damn day off," I muttered to myself.

So, I decided that is what I was going to do, instead of chasing them around looking for them, I went and grabbed a bottle of water and went for a walk.

I had no idea where I was going but I was going to enjoy it.

I stopped in town and bought a few apples and talked with some of the locals. After I left there, I decided to walk along the beach putting my feet into the water.

I will admit I was lonely after spending so much time with at least one of the guys. I decided to keep walking, spotting a few shells. I picked them up and put them into my bag.

Where to go I thought, I stood there looking around, I was curious as to what lay past the forest to get a glimpse of the minotaur clan, but not without Arron.

I wondered what Aztec was up to, so I found myself walking towards his village. Almost there, I realized I do not know his customs.

Do I need to be invited? Do I need to be a dragonborn as they are? So many questions I need to ask him, so I do not offend anyone.