Chapter Forty-Two

"I know they are out here somewhere" Evan said loudly.

"You know I can't find any place to spend time alone without being tracked down" I said with a sigh, Arron just snickered.

"I don't think so my mate, we all love you, and just worry about you, but some alone time would be nice" he whispered.

"Jasmine, damn it, no clothes again?" Evan said. I looked over and saw he was standing there with Duke, Aztec.

I stood up, "well, I would have clothes but when I let my rogue out, she sort of shredded my only dress I had with me" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, she can't walk through town naked; you know how people will talk" Evan said, and I just rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't bother me" I said as I started to walk away from the group.

"Jasmine" I heard Duke call out, I turned and winked at him as I turned back around and walked to Arron's cottage.

I walked in and went to Arron's bedroom. Looking in his closet I found a nice black shirt, slipped it over my head and it fell to my knees.

"Perfect" I said walking back out of Arron's house while the guys were waiting for me.

"I love seeing you in my shirt, love" Arron said as he walked up to me, bending over, and nipped at my neck.

"Oh, for the love of it, stop already" Evan said as he threw his hands up in the air and started to walk towards town.

I snuck up on Evan and jumped on his back, "carry me home, I need protection from walking" I said as I wrapped my body around his back.

Everyone started to snicker as Evan tried to shake me off, which he was not doing a good job of since I was making sure I was staying right where I was.

He finally gave up and continued walking home with me on his back.

"You know Evan, I do appreciate all of this," I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know you do; I wouldn't be here if I thought you didn't" he said as he rested his head against mine.

Once home I jumped off and ran upstairs to take a much-needed shower.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Duke, Arron, Aztec, and Thomas were sitting on my bed. "Where's Evan?" I asked.

"He's making dinner and he said he has seen your naked ass enough for one day" Duke said laughing.

"I don't know what's wrong with him, I can't get enough of her being naked" Arron said with a wink.

I put my hand up, "okay enough of my nakedness, why are all of you sitting on my bed?"

"We informed Thomas of the past two days and that it was us that messed everything up" Duke said with an apologetic look in his eyes.

"It's all forgiven and forgotten but thank you for telling Thomas what was really up" I said as I went and sat on Thomas' lap.

He wrapped his arms around me and put his face into my neck, I felt him smell me and then he sighed in contentment.

"Missed you my love" he whispered in my ear.

"Tonight, I want you in my bed" I whispered back.

"You know we can hear you right?" Arron said

"Stop listening"

"You know that will never happen"

"Then oh well" I said sticking out my tongue.

"Anyway" Duke said clearing his throat "I wanted all of us here to talk with you about what you heard"

I walked over to my closet and pulled out my dark red nightgown, dropping my towel. I heard a collective groan.

I slipped my nightgown over my head smiling to myself with that little bit of a tease.