Chapter Sixteen

In the kitchen I grabbed some bread along with some meats and cheeses. Making myself a sandwich I looked up to see the brothers watching me.

"Would either of you like a sandwich?" I asked as I finished making mine.

"No, we are good," they both said.

I put everything away and sat at the table, taking a few bites, my stomach finally stopped making noises since it was getting fed finally.

"Didn't he feed you?" Evan asked as he watched me scarf down the food.

"Well, he was nice enough to give me two pieces of Lasagna"

"Oh, um okay," Evan said, and I laughed.

"By two pieces I mean just that two bites and he ate the rest, stating a woman should only eat very little" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Did he at least talk about what vampires are like and stuff?" Duke asked.

"Nope, he said the only thing that should matter when it comes to choosing a second mate is duty, the other stuff is unimportant."

Both brothers were silent.

"Why can't I just choose Evan as my second mate, that way things would be fine" I said looking at both.

"Not allowed dear" Evan said with a sad smile.

"We already talked with the seer about that, and she said two mates to you cannot be related" Duke said.

"Something interesting did come about while I was with that idiot Demar, I met prince Arron" I said.

You would have thought the sky was falling at that point with how the reactions on Duke and Evans' face had.

"Wait, you actually met Arron?" Evan asked, amazed.

"Yes, he stopped the carriage when we went into the forest to the restaurant, why?"

"No one has seen him in over a hundred years, there has been talk about him becoming uncursed, but it was just talk" Duke said looking at me.

"Well, he looked like a man, except his teeth were razor sharp, his tattoos were amazingly beautiful though, he has a meeting with me in two days from now" I said.

"So, then it's true, his curse has been lifted for now because of Jasmine, the gods are giving him a second chance at redeeming himself" Evan said looking at Duke.

"This isn't good, that means he will go to any lengths to make sure Jasmine is his, and if he gets her" duke trailed off.

"What, what am I missing here?" I said looking between the two.

"It means love, that if you pick Arron as your second mate, the rogues are free to move about instead of just the forest, and if you have his children before you do with your first mate, the first mate is dissolved, and you belong Solely to Arron" Evan said.

"What happens if I get pregnant before I find a second mate?" I asked

"You can't get pregnant until the bond is sealed, you and your mate have to exchange blood" Evan said as I looked at Duke.

"Trust me love, I would love to see you pregnant with our children right now and keep you all to myself, but unfortunately, nature keeps the reins tight on certain aspects." Duke said, taking a hold of my hands in his.

I got up and went over to Duke, he sat back, and I sat on his lap wrapping my arms around his strong neck. Resting my forehead against his.

"I'm ready for bed" I whispered to him. Without another word Duke picked me up and carried me up the stairs to my bedroom. He kicked the door shut and we spent the rest of the night making love to each other as if there was no tomorrow.