Chapter Forty

"She better be in one piece, Aztec" Arron roared as I woke up to a bunch of alpha males yelling.

"She is perfectly fine, and if you so called mates of hers didn't leave her to wander around you would know this" he roared back which shook the small cottage.

I covered my head with the big, overstuffed comforter. I was not in the mood to deal with this drama this early in the morning.

I was fast asleep in the arms of Aztec, content and sexually satisfied. Who knew a dragonborn could continually go multiple times in a row?

"She wanted to be left alone so we all did our own thing" Evan said.

"Really did she say that, or did she say she wanted to shower alone? Which one is it?" he said quietly.

My body shuddered, when one of my mates used that kind of tone, all hell was about to break loose, and yet it excited me.

I blame it on my hormones.

"She said she wanted to shower alone, and we took it to leave her alone," Duke said, sounding almost ashamed to admit what they did.

"Exactly, I found her wandering around alone, not sure where to go, what customs were where, she was afraid to come see me for fear of offending my people."

The room out there was silent.

"I brought her here and we spent the day and night together, better be safe here with me than to send her to who knows what would be out there looking for her.

Did you forget she has a bounty on her or isn't that a big deal?" he sneered at everyone.

I sat up, I had never heard of a bounty being on me, what the hell, why didn't anyone tell me? I was fed up with everyone hiding shit from me.

"We haven't told her yet," Evan said quietly.

"Well, I heard it now, thanks yet again for not telling me anything" I said and slammed the door to the bedroom.

"Well shit" Duke said.

I heard footsteps come to the bedroom door, "Jasmine" it was Arron.

"Go away" I yelled through the door.

"No, I will not, not until you talk with us"

"Why should I? You all are keeping things from me, important things that I should know about" I said as I flung open the door.

Walking towards Arron, "who are any of you to keep such things from me? I wouldn't ever do that to any of you, so you know what, fuck off" I said and went back to the bedroom and slammed the door on Arron's face.

I went to bed and laid back down, covering myself up with the comforter and decided I was going to go to sleep.

But that was not an option with these guys. I guess me being mad at them was not allowed since they kept knocking on the door.

"Go away" I said and put the pillows over my ears.

Something hit the bed and before I could look up from under the pillows Arron had picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

Oh, hell his beast was out now; I must remember to be careful telling a firm no next time.

As Arron left the cottage, I saw all of them standing there looking at me, not sure what to do, so I did the only thing that came to mind.

I flipped them off.

Aztec busted out laughing with my gesture.

The only two I was not mad at were Aztec of course and Thomas, the guy is in the water during the day so he would have no clue, and those guys probably told him I wanted to be alone so he would not know what the truth was.

Arron was walking towards the forest; I had a bad feeling about what was about to happen. People that were on the beach scattered fast when they saw him coming.

I do not blame them, seeing Arron in rogue form was terrifying to say the least.