Chapter Nineteen

Thomas walked over to me, bent down, and sniffed my neck. I stood there frozen, never having anyone sniff me before.

"Did Arron do anything different towards you when you were with him?" Thomas asked.

"Not that I know of, he visited us at the restaurant when I was with that ass Demar" I said.

Both Thomas and Duke laughed, "oh yes his royal highness does have that air about him" Thomas said.

"You went to the restaurant in the forest?

"Yes, that is where Demar took us, why?"

"That explains everything, see Arron owns that restaurant, did you eat or drink anything?" Thomas asked.

"I drank mostly the water, Demar only let me have two bites of food"

"Any two bites or did he give you certain ones?"

"It was only certain ones, he then struck my hand when I reached for the food, I had to wait for him to give me anything to eat" I said.

"He did what?" Thomas asked in a deadly tone.

"He struck her hand with a knife," Duke said with a growl.

"He needs to be taught a lesson, but that is for another discussion, but I know what Arron did. You see Arron and Demar are old friends, and everyone knows that Arron has been looking for a way to get out of being cursed in that forest.

He only lets Demar come and go, so bringing you there was his way of pleasing his old friend.

Arron had something put into your food more than likely to have you crave him in any way possible" Thomas said looking down at me.

"That would make sense why even with the sound of his name my core ignites on fire" I said quietly.

"Jasmine, when do you see Arron again?"

"She sees him tomorrow unfortunately; he has requested a meeting with her tomorrow evening." Evan said.

"I need you not to eat or drink anything he offers, it is just a hunch, but if what I think is true, he will have you agree to being his mate before nightfall tomorrow if you do."

"Well, I don't want that" I said looking into Thomas' eyes, they were so beautiful in candlelight. How they would sparkle.

Thomas smiled down at me, "Jasmine, you are rare and special, just remember not to settle for anyone, take your time and make sure it is a perfect fit" he said as he stroked my cheek.

"We will be right back," Evan said as he pulled Duke away into the house.

"That was strange," I said looking where the two brothers went.

"Not really, they are giving us a moment when we end this part of the meeting." Thomas said as he leaned down to give me a kiss.

I did not think about it, I leaned up meeting him halfway and kissing him.

Wrapping his strong arms around my waist pulling me into his chest, I softly moaned against his warm inviting mouth.

The kiss was tender and gentle at first, but the longer we kissed the hotter it became, more demanding, I wanted more with Thomas.

We both slightly pulled back, catching our breaths, but not looking away from each other.

"If you choose me my dear, I promise I would move heaven and earth to always be with you, we will make it work my dear" he said as he kissed me once more.

I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, pulling him into me as much as I could, I could not get enough of him. We pulled apart and Thomas stood up straight. To his full height.

Holy hell was he taller than I realized.

"I shall see you soon my sweet Jasmine" he said as he turned and walked down the driveway.

"You will definitely see me soon my sweet Thomas" I whispered into the wind for him to hear.