Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Again Jasmine" Duke growled out as he had Evan run at me. I was supposed to dodge his hits, but Evan was quick.

He was using his Fae power of speed. "I'm trying" I yelled back.

"You're not trying hard enough," he yelled back. I know what he was trying to do, he was wanting me to tap into my bloodline where the Fae part of it slept.

But it just was not working.

Laying there on my back looking up at the blue sky, I was trying to catch my breath. Evan stood over me with his hand outstretched.

I took it and I faced Evan. "Jasmine, you have it in you love, we all have to learn how to tap into it when we are young, so don't feel bad."

"How do I tap into it though?"

"Close your eyes, steady your breathing, listen to what is around you. Once you start to recognize what is around you, you will be able to hear things that should not be there" he whispered.

I stood there closing my eyes, steading my breathing like he said to.

Once my breathing was even, I could hear the birds, the butterfly wings and there was something else, but it did not fit.

I moved to the right, then to the left. I had no idea what I was doing but my body knew what to do and when to move.

Standing there with my eyes closed I kept moving, without even thinking about it my arm raised up and something hit it.

I opened my eyes and saw Evan standing in front of me out of breath. His eyes were full of pride. "You were amazing Jasmine" he said as he pulled me into a hug.

"I was? What did I do?"

"You shut off your mind and let your body do what it was supposed to do. You blocked and dodged every move I threw at you" he said with the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face.

"Really?" I asked surprised

"Yes" he said and handed me a drink of water.

"Not bad, but tomorrow I will work with you on the wolf abilities" Duke said walking away.

"What's his problem?"

"He hates seeing you get hurt, it goes against his nature, you must remember Jasmine with his wolf side is protective and with me hitting you it was driving his wolf and him nuts.

He wanted to rip me apart, but he knew I had to pull out the Fae abilities" Evan said walking with me to the gazebo.

"So how long will this mood last?"

"Until he calms down a bit and his wolf knows you're fine"

"How do I do that?"

Evan smirked "sex Jasmine"

"That I can do" I said standing up and jogging towards where Duke went.

I slowed down and found him in one of the old greenhouses that was no longer in use. He had a makeshift gym in here.

"Hey" I said as I was walking towards him.

He stopped hitting the punching bag, breathing heavily. He stalked over towards me, picking me up and kissing me.

I wrapped my body around his, kissing him back, letting him feel that I was fine and not too badly hurt.

He pulled up my dress and ravished me right there in the greenhouse. It was not gentle but raw powerful sex between us.

Once we were done, he set me down and rested his forehead against mine. "I love you Jasmine, I just hate that you have to put yourself through this, it's our job to protect you" he said catching his breath.

"I love you too Duke, and trust me I don't like either, but I want to be able to take care of myself in case something goes on before any of you can get to me" I said, holding his face in my hands.

"Let's go get dinner" I said as I held his hand walking towards the house.