Chapter Forty-Four

"Jasmine, I want to talk to you for a moment," Arron said as I was about to walk to the gazebo with my morning coffee.

"Sure" I said as we walked to the gazebo, Arron sat next to me, turning to look at me.

"I wanted to talk to you privately about what can happen with the minotaur's, the guys know how they can be, but this is all new to you and I want you to be prepared"

"Okay, I'm listening," I said, giving my full attention to him.

"They can be cruel beyond anything that you have ever witnessed. They are used to living within their walls and the only rules they follow are the ones the prince sets forth for them."

"What is the prince like?"

"He is a massive beast but can talk just like us and is very intelligent, he also likes to play games with your mind, so be very careful how you answer his questions."

"Thank you for telling me all of this, so I don't go into it blindly and make a fool of myself" I said, taking Arron's hand in mine.

"Jasmine, we are mates, and it's time we all start taking care of you as we were meant to love," he said, squeezing my hand.

We both sat there for a while just taking in the scenery. This was a beautiful spot.

"I have to run home for a bit to take care of some things, but I will be back before dinner my love" he said as he kissed me then he left to go back to the forest.

I sat there after watching Arron transform into his beast and head back. He was massive and terrifying, but I loved him and saw past the snarling fangs that dripped venom and the massive, clawed hands.

He was gentle, sweet, and loving but even as a man he could be ruthless and deadly, but he was my mate, and I was proud of him.

I could hear Evan and Duke get into it about something, they always do. Those two brothers can make something small into a mountain within moments.

"My little queen, can I sit with you?" Aztec asked as he walked up.

"Always," I said, smiling at him. I never thought in a million years that I would be sitting here with this man, who was cold and calculating on the outside, but on the inside, was gentle and loving and was fiercely loyal to those he considered family.

"What is on your mind Jasmine?"

"I'm worried about meeting with the minotaur prince, Arron went over the basics with me, and I know I will have all of you there with me, but still the unknown has always made me nervous" I said looking at the roses that were trailing around the gazebo railings.

"My little queen" he said gently, I turned and looked at him.

"Never in a million years will we ever let anything happen to you, we are your chosen mates as you were brought to us as our mate.

Even though the full moon ceremony has not happened yet, we are all still bonded to you. So you can walk into this with your head held high" he said, taking a hold of my hand.

"Thank you for that Aztec, it helps being reassured" I said.

"Now, there is something I want to show you" he said standing up, holding out his hand for me to take.

I put my hand in his and stood up, I followed him past the gardens, into a spot that was surrounded by weeping willows, we stepped between the branches that were more like curtains.

Inside was a circle of grass that held the tiniest of wildflowers. I was afraid of stepping on them, but Aztec pointed to where there were small stones to step on.

I followed his lead until we were standing in the middle of the circle.

"I have known about this place for a few years now, Evan and Duke don't even know it's here. On the night of the ceremony, I want this to be our special place" he said, taking a hold of my hands in his.

"This is a beautiful place, and it feels right for us" I said smiling up at this man who has captured my heart so quickly.

I closed my eyes, listening to the breeze blowing the leaves on the weeping willow, as it rustled the tall grass slightly, with the birds chirping overhead.

This spot was a magical place, and you could feel an underlying currant pulsating deep below.

"Jasmine" Evan yelled out; Aztec snickered when he saw that I was rolling my eyes.

"Never a moment" I whispered as we snuck out of our secret spot.

"She's not here at the moment, please leave a message after the beep... BEEP"

"There you are, and what is with all those beeps?"

"Never mind Evan, it is too advanced for you"

"Oh, you're funny today, listen Lilith is coming to visit soon, and she has some important things she needs to discuss with all of us"

"Thomas and Arron aren't here" I said

"I informed her of that, and she said she had already talked to them about everything so they will be up to date once he is with us tonight"