Chapter Twenty-Two

Laying down for a bit I needed to regain my strength after spending time with Thomas. Two rounds with him were amazing.

I sat there eating some of the fruit that I bought earlier, and it was just what I needed to give me that little bit of extra energy.

Getting up I put everything into my bag and put my dress back on. Walking through town a few people were out.

I knew it had to be around three in the afternoon, yet the town was almost dead. I just kept walking, not paying attention to the people inside watching me.

As I reached the house the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. Something was not right.

As I walked into the house, I heard it.

"Where is she Duke?"

"She isn't here Arron" Duke growled back.

I walked into the family room and saw two alpha males in a standoff with their claws drawn.

"What is going on here?" I asked.

Duke, Evan, and Arron turned around when I spoke.

Before I could blink my eyes, Arron was in front of me.

"We have a date" he growled

I rolled my eyes, "yes we do, around dinner time last you said which will be in about two hours" I said standing my ground.

"No, it is when I want it to be" he growled back at me.

"Listen Arron, this isn't how it works, we set a time and we stick to it, it's not when you want things" I said turning my back to him.

Big mistake there.

I was picked up and put over Arron's shoulder, "we are going to have to learn a few things since we are going to be mates' ' he said as he was walking up the stairs.

"What are you doing, put me down now Arron" I yelled at him.

I looked up and saw Duke, he was furious, but Evan was holding him back.

"This is Duke and Evan's house; you cannot do as you wish here" I said, hitting his back.

"Trust me I'm not, you are going to shower and get dressed for our date while I wait in your room" he said.

I sighed; this was going to be a losing battle. I could feel it.

Once we were in my room, he shut and locked the door. Arron set me down and stood there looking down at me.

"Listen Jasmine, I'm sorry if I'm rough with you, I just don't know how to control a certain side of me when it comes to you" he said, running his hand through his hair.

That stopped me in my tracks, he was apologizing.

"Thank you for that, and I don't know how to help you, I am new to all of this as well you know" I said resting my head against his chest.

I knew he enacted the old law, so I might as well try to figure this out, so we are not ripping each other to pieces, if that is even possible.

Arron rubbed my back; I wrapped my arms around his waist. We were two lost souls in all this chaos trying to find a way on how to handle it.

"Let me take a shower, and how about you pick out something you would like me to wear" I said looking up at him.

He thought about it for a moment, "okay that I can do" he said as he hugged me then let me go. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After the shower I walked out in a towel and stood there watching Arron stand on the balcony looking out.

He was so used to being a rogue that when it came to trying for something he did not know how.

My heart softened a bit as I saw a sensitive side of him, one that he guarded closely.

He turned around when I walked into the room, seeing me standing there in a towel, and did something to him.

Within a few strides he was standing before me, looking down at me, he took his one hand and gently traced my jawline.

"You are so beautiful," he said.

"Thank you for that" I replied looking up into his eyes. There was a man under all this rough exterior, I was determined to bring him out more often.

He bent down and gently kissed me, there was no roughness or demand for it.

Just a simple kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him back to me.

For the first time I kissed him, he stood there with a shocked expression but then he realized I was trying to meet him halfway.

"If you don't get dressed my love, I might have to ravish this beautiful body right here and now" he whispered with a gruff tone to it.

He was fighting that side of him to take me and claim me as his mate.

I stepped back and saw the dress he had hanging for me to wear.

It was a simple black sundress with gold sandals. With a smirk on my lips, I dropped the towel in front of him as I walked over to the dress.

I heard his growl; the desire and lust were thick in the air. I knew at once what I was doing and how this was to be played.

He may have forced our mating, but I was going to be in control of how I was going to be taken.

Before I could put a hand on the dress I felt Arron behind me, kissing my shoulder where he had bitten me. It was almost healed but still red and welted up.

He was gently kissing his mark that showed everyone that I was his.

His hands roamed over my naked body; I pressed my back against his chest. Feeling skin and no shirt.

This is what I wanted, I wanted him to want me, to ravish me, to desire me in a way that he has not known.

"I want and need you Jasmine" he growled in my ear.

I turned around and looked up at him, "then take me" I growled back.

"Get dressed love, I am taking you back to my place where we can spend time together" he said as he put his shirt back on.