Chapter 99

Han Min knew from the moment Qi Xiao refused to be with him again, he knew that him getting her back will be almost impossible.

He laughs at himself thinking how he is full of himself thinking that as long as everything is cleared up he can easily take her back.

He smile mockingly at himself, she was there within his reach and yet too far to reach.

He is willing to carry all the blame as long as she will come back to him, and he will receive this punishment without complaint, he knows she has been through a lot worse, and he realized that maybe this is really his retribution for the pain she has been through.

The days go and pass, and in a blink of an eye, it's been a year now since her return.

Long Shan is starting to chaise Han Yun openly which makes Qi Xiao giggle.

Qi Yan is already married, Qi Xiao was startled because she didn't know that he have a girlfriend but she found out that it was his white moonlight(first love).

Han Min didn't try to cross the line again, which makes Qi Xiao feel respected.

Sometimes she can feel or catch him looking at her painfully but he never opens the topic of being together again.

Then one time at the crack of dawn she received a call from him, she thought that he was drunk but his voice seems just woke up.

She ask what is wrong but his answer is very vague and for some reason, she felt that he was crying.

And then no more weird incidents anymore.

They hang out and eat out but it will always be with the group, she gave him a simple birthday gift but she made sure that there will be no other meaning to it.

When Qi Xiao's birthday her eyes widen and her heart ache when she saw Han Min's gift.

It was the ETERNITY necklace.

She wanted to give it back but what Han Min said made her freeze

"I don't know why but, I felt like it should be yours, it is yours from the beginning"

She doesn't know why but she felt when he said that there is a different meaning.

But the truth is Han Min is having this nightmare since 6 months ago, it keeps on repeating.

Always the same scene, but the pain never reduces, he knows it is a dream but he doesn't understand why the tearing pain he feels is real.

He was just an onlooker at the back of the other him but he can still feel anything.

In the same dream he is kneeling in front of a newly erected tomb, he was kneeling, begging, and crying.

The hatred, heartache, and even the self-blame are so lucid.

In those first dreams, he can only see himself and feel the pain, then after a few more times, when he saw that the name on the tombstone is Qi Xiao he was frozen.

He woke up from that nightmare and hurriedly call Qi Xiao even though it was still breaking dawn.

His hanging heart finally calmed down when he heard her voice.

He cried a lot, Qi Xiao was obviously confused but she still comforted him so after 5 minutes he calmed down and let her sleep again.

But he didn't get any more sleep, he was never been afraid of anything except Qi Xiao when it comes to her he knows she is his biggest weakness and strength.

Then almost every week he will have the same nightmare, until recently he finally noticed the necklace the other he was holding.

It was the ETERNITY necklace.

There was this feeling that should be hers from the very start so he gifted it to her as her birthday present.

When she accepted the necklace the faint regret in his heart disappeared.