Ch.10 Dining at great hall

(Victori's Pov)

Today is a very important and an exciting day for me. Today I was going to join, Hogwarts. Mom and dad have been telling us stories about Hogwarts and how great it is. I was excited to meet more people like me. Who were interested in magic and didn't spend all their time goofing around.

I was excited to practice magic in front of people and to learn more about potion making. Ever since I could remember, my mom has been teaching me all about it.

But most of all, I wanted to prove myself, I didn't want everyone to know me as Harry Potter's sister or the other Potter. I was sick of it… I just want to be myself, I just want people to see me.

And quite surprisingly it happened today, I met with someone that just saw me as Victoria and not as Harry's sister. I was honestly skeptic of him when he said that he was interested in knowing about me, but I somehow wished what he said was the truth.

He didn't seem like the rest of the boys his age, he was sophisticated and well-mannered and well-spoken, and he was smart… He gave me a better idea on how to find that toad, and honestly he just seemed different from the rest. I was just happy to meet someone such as him.

When I saw him again at the school, I was getting bored by the back and forth between my brother and Draco, honestly it was just stupid. It was started by Ron… honestly, he just doesn't know what to say and when. Why would you say anything about Slytherin in front of Draco. Honestly, a very stupid fight.

As I was just barely holding myself back, I saw with other girls. He was with Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis. It seemed like they were having some conversation about houses or something. I would much rather go there and talk about that than listen to these guys for another second. Fortunately, Prof. came back, and we moved onto the sorting ceremony.

As we walked in the great hall, I saw it, and it was exactly as how mum had described it. I was amazed by it all, but it quickly became scary as well when the headmaster made all those announcements. I was bothered by it, but I tried to move past it.

Soon after the announcements were made the sorting began, I was excited and very nervous as to where I would be. My parents were both in Gryffindor, so I think I would also be placed in Gryffindor. I patiently waited for my turn. I heard Hermione's name being called out, and I wondered where she would be placed, I hope Gryffindor, then I would have someone in the house that I already know.

And she was placed in Gryffindor. She looked happy, and I was happy as well. I might have a friend. Then Jon's name was called out. He walked up to the stool and sat down. I was crossing my hands, hoping that he would be in Gryffindor as well, but my hopes were crushed when I heard him go to Slytherin.

I was sad that I wouldn't get to know him more. But surprised me more was that he didn't look sad at all, he looked determined, he just got off the stool and walked to the Slytherin table. They were less than welcoming to him.

Soon after Harry's name was called, and he was quite confident, he just walked up to the stool and the Hat quickly placed him in Gryffindor. I clapped for him, and he walked to the table and sat down. Next was my turn. I exhaled and walked up to the stool and Prof. McGonagall put the hat on top of my head.

It said, "Now, another Potter, huh? But it seems you are different from your brother. You have quite the ambition, the same as the other kid."

I asked the hat, "What other kid?"

He chuckled and said, "That one with the green eyes, he is the same as you. The hunger to prove yourself, the will to stand above everyone else… I do know where to put you, but are you willing to go?" He said, after a brief pause, "To go against your family? And achieve everything on your own?"

I asked it, "Will I be able to?"

He scoffed and said, "That is an answer you need to find within yourself, girl. He has nothing to lose while you are different. So what will you choose? The Ordinary that everyone expects of you, or the impossible that no one saw from you?"

I looked at the hall before me. I saw Harry and everyone that expected me in Gryffindor without a doubt but when I saw his face, he looked at me with curiosity, I sighed and nodded and said, "I will."

He chuckled and said, "Very well, girl, it is going to be exhilarating." He shouted "Slytherin!"

The look on everyone's face changed, and I saw Harry his face became pale, and I saw him, and he looked at me, and he was shocked as well, but he seemed happy. I got off the stool and Gammy looked at me, and she was clueless, and I said, "I'll be fine."

She shook her head a little and nodded. I walked to the Slytherin table and Draco stood up to say something, but I wasn't interested. I walked straight to him and I asked, "Is this seat taken?"

He just smiled and said, "Please, join me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Harry's POV)

I was in utter shock of what just happened. How the hell my sister end up in Slytherin, of all places. What was happening. I felt a tug on my robes and I turned to see it was Ron, and he said, "Bloody hell, how did that happen?"

I shook my head and said, "I don't know… I thought she was going to be here with us."

Ron said, "There must be something wrong with that damn hat… how can your sister be in Slytherin?

I groaned and said, "I know it, it just doesn't make any sense." I looked at her chatting with that guy who went to Slytherin, and I asked, "And who is she talking with?"

Ron sighed and said, "I don't know, but it did seem like she was talking with that girl." he pointed towards a girl. She had brown hair and was sitting with some girls, "Maybe she can tell you something about him?"

I nodded and got up from my seat and walked to her. She was in the middle of the conversation, and the girls pointed at me, and she turned to see and asked, "Is there something I can help you with?"

I said, "Hermione, right?" She nodded, and the person next to her scooched over, and I sat down next to her and I asked, "Can you tell me something about your friend over there?" I pointed at him.

Hermione looked over and saw him and said, "Oh, you mean Jon?"

I nodded and said, "Yes, him… can you tell me more about him?"

She squinted and asked, "Why do you want to know about him?"

I sighed and said, "Well, I am just a little worried for my sister… you see, she doesn't get along well with others and her being in Slytherin makes me more worried."

She looked at me and said, "I don't know much about Jon either. I know that his name is Jonathan Beeston. He is an orphan, but that's all that I know about him."

I exhaled sharply, only this much? He is an orphan, and he is in Slytherin, how's that even possible "I don't think you should be worried about your sister though?"

I looked at her, and she said, "Jon is a good person, and your sister seems to be getting along with him."

I sighed and nodded and said, "I understand, thank you for helping me."

She nodded, and I got up and walked up to Ron, he was stuffing his face with chicken. I sat down, and he gulped the chicken and asked, "What did you find?"

I shook my head and said, "Nothing much, his name is Jonathan Beeston he is an orphan."

Ron looked at me and  said, "That's it?" I nodded, and he asked, "How do you think your parents will react to this?"

I exhaled and said, "I don't know, but I am pretty sure that dad will freak out. When he hears about this."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Section with Cotton 🐍

Greetingsss Readersss,

I hope you liked the chapter and I know I promised like 2 chapters, but I couldn't my brain was not working well due to lack of sleep. I do hope you guys forgive me for it and I don't know if the chapter is good or not but if it is just let me know. If there is something that needs to be changed, let me know as well.

Drop a comment if you liked the chapter and throw some stones while you are at it and I will see you in the next one. Bye.