Ch.31 Contemplating

After that disastrous first class, Lockhart was under scrutiny and the person who was most upset was Snape.

Lockhart tried to reduce the damage that has been caused by his failure. His reputation really dipped quite a bit. So to combat it he literally stripped any demonstrations involving any creature and just stuck to his stories about how he defeated banshees and whatnot.

But there were still some people who believed in his accomplishment namely the majority of the girls in the school. Who were still dreamy eyed about him. While everything seemed normal on the surface, but reality couldn't be far from it. I have been hearing the faint voice of the murderous snake.

Looks like Ginny has been talking to Voldy. I am sure that the string of "accidents" are about to begin. I was sitting at the study table with the group. From the previous year, the study group has now again expanded. Astoria, Luna and Ginny also joined the group… Well, Ginny was there to hang out sometime.

I was sitting there in the library with the group, and I was in deep thought about the basilisk as to what to do with it? Should I kill it? Should I enslave it? I mean it can come in handy, but it also poses a huge risk.

Not to mention when it starts attacking students pretty much everyone will think that it could either be me or Harry… but there is another option for me. I can stop the whole thing from happening. It would certainly cause a big butterfly effect, and can change everything I know… so should I do it?
"What is he doing?" Ginny asked Hermione.

Hermione looked at me who was staring into the void and mumbling looking like a complete idiot she sighed and said: "He is in deep thought, he always does that, don't worry you will get used to it."

Victoria put down her book and scoffed and said, "Did you know Draco is the new Seeker?"

That sentence broke my train of thought I looked at Tori and said "Come again?" It was surprising I didn't think that it would happen. I guess we are going to win another Quidditch Cup.

Tracey scoffed and said, "Yeah, I heard his father bought the whole team new brooms to get him into the team…"

I chuckled and said, "Let's see how Clorox does in his first match."

Ginny said, "I hope he loses his teeth." Everyone laughed except Hermione.

Victoria asked Hermione "What is wrong? Hermione, you feel down what happened?"

Hermione sighed and asked me, "Why is it that....you never get angry when Draco calls you Mudblood?" She had anger in her eyes.

I looked in her eyes and said "Because I don't care what anyone says about me. I only care as to what my friends think of me... Well, most of you guys, especially..."

Everyone looked at me and Victoria and Victoria had a blush and I said "I on a regular basis get death threats and is most widely known as the new dark lord. Wherever I go people have this fake smile on their face, but their eyes are full of hate."

Hermione, Ginny, Astoria, Olivia and Luna looked awkward when I said that, but my Friends looked pissed, cause almost everyone else Daphne, Victoria, Ted and I have been through that exact same thing Daphne and Victoria to be Great Witches because of their families they were from and Ted and me to be the new Death Eaters.

I then looked at everyone in the room and said, "I am going to give you a piece of advice that is something I personally think, and I say this to everyone 'The disapproval of cowards is praise to the brave'. Stop living your lives that have been dictated by society or anyone else. Do what you want to do because life is short. And don't spend your time-wasting what others think of you. It is not worth it. "