Ch. 46 Meet the Greengrass

I was seen to my room by Frody, Florian and Bella needed some time together with their daughters. "This will be your room until your stay here, sir." He snapped his fingers and the door opened showing a great white room, I stepped inside to get a good feel of the room. It had king size bed on its right side, in front of it was a book shelf filled with books, on the left was a big closet and right next to it was a bathroom which baffled me because on that side was a hallway which I came from.

I put my suitcase on the bed and walked towards the end of the room towards the large window which was starting to gather little snow from the fall. I looked at Frody and with a satisfied smile said, "Florian has a great guest room."

Florian shook his head and said, "Correction sir, this is not the guess wing, this wing is used by main family... master specifically instructed for you to be in this room, hence I had to make some adjustments."

I hummed and then realised why there was bathroom and why it kinda didn't make architectural sense. "If you need anything of Frody, just call, I'll be at your service."

Saying his piece the elf vanished. I closed the door and laid down on the bed, it was a bit too soft for my taste but it was comfortable nonetheless.

Cotton slithered out of my pocket and looked at the room and said in a sly tone, "Hmm, they seem to be talking good care of you."

I hummed and said, "I am his business partner."

She chuckled and crawled her way to my chest and looked me in my eyes and said, "You sure it's just about that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was sitting on my bed with a pad on my lap and a pen in my hand and was writing down the songs that I would record. The lyrics aren't my real problem or even the singing part. My real problem is the music, to accurately create the melody I need and it has been quite the challenge.

As I was working on the songs I heard a knock on the door "Can I come in?" It was Daphne. I hummed "Yeah, come on in." She opened the door and walked in, "Oh, you're working..." I looked up and she said, "I can come back, if you want."

I shook my head and said, "No, it's fine... actually I could use your help..."

She raised her eyebrows "Oh." I patted my bed and said, "Come on sit." She sat by my side and I took out the guitar out of the case and tuned it. I strummed the guitar and said, "Let me know if it's good." She hummed and nodded excitedly.

🎵 🎶 Georgia, wrap me up in all your
I want you in my arms
Oh, let me hold you
I'll never let you go again like I did
Oh, I used to say

I saw the look in her eyes her eyes, they had never shined so bright. It made me feel happy to see her so happy. So I put my all when I sang for her.

🎵 🎶I would never fall in love again until I found her
I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"
I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her
I found you🎵 🎶

She cupped her hands and I looked at her and asked, "How was it?" She shook head and said, "I-It was good... you should work alone... I'm only disturbing you." She quickly got up and I tried to make her stay but she left.

I took hold of my guitar and started playing again.

(Daphne's Pov)

I quickly left the room and slammed the door. I leaned on the door and took a hold of my breath, after hearing his song. It made my heart melt and crushed it at the same time. Why? That's the thing that was circling in my mind. Why is he making me like this? Again the music of his guitar rang in my ears, his voice pierced my heart again