Ch.38 Taking out dad... not like that pt.2

After Snape made the snake disappear, I dragged Tori out of there, Harry and Daphne saw it and Daphne followed us, Harry wanted to do same but couldn't we were already long gone.

Tori wasn't saying much, while we were pacing out of there and Daphne shouted from far, "Wait for me." But I didn't, when we were far away from any prying eyes I stopped. We were standing near the lake, I could still see a few people but it was still a little secluded.

Daphne caught up to us and slapped my arm and asked, "Why didn't you stop when I asked you to?" She took a deep breath and calmed down and asked, "And what are we doing here?"

Tori in a meek voice asked, "Can you let go of me now?" I was still holding her hand but I didn't let go of her and I took my wand out and did a privacy hex. I looked at her with intent in my eyes and asked, "You were about to speak to the snake weren't you?"

Daphne's eyes bulged and Tori looked at me and was stunned. Daphne asked her, "Wait, are you a parselmouth?"

Tori nodded and said, "Yes…" Daphne looked shell shocked. I sighed and asked, "Did you know before the attack?"

She shook her and in a hurry to explain herself she said, "NO! I didn't, well…" 

I let her hand go and took a deep breath to calm myself and asked, "When?"

 She was fiddling with her hand and said, "Well, I was sure of it today, but I was a little suspicious because of Cotton. Because she doesn't get along with anyone else but you."

Daphne sighed and said to Tori, "And you." She nodded and said, "It makes sense now… no wonder she got along with you and I thought something was wrong with me."

I stopped Daphne and said, "Bigger fish here… Daphne, hm?" I looked at Tori and said, "Bet you fell great now that I dragged the both of you that night."

Daphne sighed and said, "We can't let anyone else know about it." 

I nodded and agreed with Daphne and Tori asked, "We can't even tell Dumbledore?" I looked at her like she was crazy and said, "Think about it will you? You are a PARSELMOUTH. Salazar Slytherin was a PARSELMOUTH. And I don't need to tell you but these guys won't look further than that and guess what you'll be the "Heir of Slytherin"." 

Tori looked defeated, she couldn't even tell it to Dumbledore and she asked me, "What should we do now?"

I nodded and said, "Well, we at least know what the monster is so that's a plus."

They both were a little shocked as to how I knew what it was and they asked at the same time. "What?" They were both in my face and I took a step back and said, "It's obvious, isn't it." They looked confused and I said, "It's a Basilisk."

They were confsued and Daphne asked, "But their gaze kills not petrifies." Daphne backed her friend and said, "Yeah, like I told you before."

I smiled sarcastically and I said, "I remember Tori but think about it, Salazar Slytherin's heir is "killing" or trying his best to kill muggleborn students. What monster would Salazar a parselmouth would leave his heir so that his heir can continue his work?"

They accepted the logic and nodded and I said, "God you two are dense sometimes, it's good that you two…" They looked at me with violent turmoil in their eyes and asked, "What?! Finish that sentence." I nonchalantly said, "Cute… I was about to say cute, but if you don't want to then okay." Under my breath I said, "I'm fine with Dense."

The violence in their eyes disappeared and said, "No, it's fine." "Yeah."

Daphne then shook her head and asked, "What are we going to do now?"

I smiled and said, "Don't worry that sweet melon of yours I have been hitting the books hard. I know how to kill it. I just need a roster."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came walking into the common room, I wore a defeated look on my face. I walked to my group and I sat down on my sofa beside Tori. I exhaled loudly and Tori looked at me and asked, "Did you find a roster?" I shook my head and said, "No, elves don't have it, Hagrid doesn't have it. Damn roster is like a golden snitch now."

Daphne and Tracey came to the common room. Daphne shooed Ted away and sat next to me and asked, "Any luck?" I shook my head and Tori said, "Makes sense… the heir wouldn't want it monster to die so easily."

Ted scoffed and said, "What kind of weakness is that? Crow of a damn rooster to kill a basilisk." 

I nodded in agreement and Tracey then asked, "Have you thought about the letter?"

I scrunched my eyebrows and asked, "What?"

She nodded and said, "You know from Daff's dad? The one about singing?"

I was confused and asked, "How do you know about it?"

She looked at Daff and said, "Doesn't matter… what matters is that you should sing…" She looked at me intensely and said, "Cause YOU are the best… you know after the weird sisters."

I looked at her in confusion and said, "The weird sisters?"

Daphne and others looked at me in astonishment and asked, "You have never heard them?"

I shook my head and said, "No… I grew up in an orphanage on the muggle side… remember?" That made them feel a little bad but then Ted said, "Yeah, I would like to stop this train of fun for a moment but what's this about sing thing?"

I sighed and Tracey explained it to him and he was shocked. He looked betrayed and asked, "You had to sing? WHAT CAN YOU NOT DO?"

I chuckled and said, "I can't escape this conversation for starters." Tracey was about to say something but I stopped her before she could start, "Look that was a one time thing… I did it to test the whole setup. I had no intension to do it again… I already have a lot on my plate."

Tracey nodded and sighed, "I'll stop for today, but I will make you sing one day… remember it." 

After that conversation we talked a little bit more but Tracey and Daphne left she had more homework to do, Astoria was sleepy so she took him. After a while Tori, Ted and Me we left. Ted was getting tiered and said, "We should go now… it's starting to get late and besides I want to hear your song."

I nodded but then said, "Ah, you go ahead, I still have something to go over with her." He gave a sly smile which wasn't needed in this situation. But he did so nonetheless, after he left I turned to Tori her face was getting a bit flushed and I asked her out of concern, "You felling alright?" She nodded and I said, "Listen, I'm going to need your cloak for a few days."

She scrunched her eyebrows and crossed her arms and asked, "Why?"

I looked at her and said, "You do remember the bet?" 
She had a defeated look on her face but still she didn't give up and pouted, "You know I won't give it to you if you decide to do something brazenly stupid."

I poked at her cheeks and said, "I'm not doing anything stupid…" I sighed and said, "I'm just going to go to the town and try and buy a roster. Surely they have some."

She sighed in relief and said, "Okay, I'll give it to you tomorrow." She was still pouting a but so I again poked at her cheeks, she swatted my hand away and said, "Don't do that."

Daphne then popped out of no where and asked, "You two mind telling me what are you two doing?" She sat down next to me.

Tori's face again became flushed and I said, "We are making a plan." Daphne said in an undertone, "Sure doesn't seem that way." 

After that we told her what we were talking about and unbeknownst to me someone was planning for my funeral.