Ch. 50 Making some tunes

I woke up the next day after the adventures of last day, I was pretty tiered even after having lunch, Daphne and me roamed around a bunch before going back home. I enjoyed my time with Daphne, it was fun showing her the muggle world.

Anywho, today was also going to be a long day, I had to go to the studio to work on my music melodies. And my guest is said to be arriving in a few days so I need to be prepared, I want to make a good impression on her. I wonder how she feels about it all?

After getting my exercise done and taking a shower, I went to get breakfast. I walked to the dining room and I saw Florian and Bella sitting there reading news and enjoying breakfast. Florian saw that I was there and excitedly folded the paper and said, "There talking about you."

I walked closer to him and saw the small article titled 'Mysterious artist surfaces with a hidden classic.' I widened my eyes and took the newspaper and Florian said with a beaming smile, "Someone from the prophet must have listened to you... I mean it's not a surprise we have sold over 320 copies in the few days."

I looked at him and hummed said, "That, not so bad actually."

Bella chuckled and said, "Not bad, that good and the best part is that the demographic is mostly young wizard girls and old wizards."

I looked at her and said, "That's good."

Florian looked at me with confusion and asked, "That's good~ what happened to you? Didn't get enough sleep last night?"

I chuckled and took a seat beside them and said, "I did and I genuinely think that it could be better."

Bella looked curiously and asked, "How?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know but if some heard some whispers that Lizz Allen from E.L.F is doing a feature with the new mystery guy. I mean it's something that I heard."

Bella looked at me and slammed the table with her hand and said, "I didn't know you were also thinking of using this."

Florian looked at her and she said, "I already did spread some rumours, they should spread..." She sighed and took a sip of tea and said, "Give it a day."

I nodded and asked, "Speaking of Lizz, when is she coming?"

Florian looked at me and said, "Hmm, should be here in a day or two... who knows, she is whimsical."

Bella chuckled and said, "All artists are whimsical, dear... take this one for example." Florian and I looked at her and she said with a smile "Yesterday, Jon performed infront of muggles."

Florian looked at me and I pursed my lips hoping he wouldn't flip out. She continued "He sang about having magic." His eyes widened in surprise but she still wasn't done "He made the muggles sing about having magic." She chuckled and I just looked at Florian and he sighed and said, "Well, at least... no one from the ministry noticed it."

I sighed in relief and he asked, "So how did it feel?" I looked at him and smiled, "It felt freeing, in a way." He laughed and patted my back and said, "Good, good."

He then went back to his tea but stopped and asked, "What else did you two do?"

I told him, "Nothing much, took Daphne shopping bought some clothes for her and me, bought a new guitar and a Casio, had lunch in park... looked around the city, pretty normal day."

Florian nodded but then Bella asked, "And what of the bike?"

I looked at her and Florian darted his eyes between us and asked, "What bike?"

Bella said, "Daphne was telling me that you wanted a bike." She looked at florian and said, "It's like your car, but with two wheels and no doors."

Florian sighed and said, "I do know what a bike is Bella..." He looked at me and said, "Those things are not safe, Jon."

I had a defeated look when Bella came to my support and said, "Oh, don't be so prude Florian." I looked at her and she said, "You had your own broom when you were his age, was that not dangerous? How's a bike any different? It's much safer than a broom if you ask me."

Florian looked flustered and said, "Yes, I did and yes it was dangerous."

Bella looked at him and adamantly said, "You should think about it more, I mean he would have brought it by himself if he could but he can't and at least we are here to help him if he needs something."

I don't know why she is making it a big deal of it but I'm not complaining, with a defeated look Florian caved and said, "Fine, I'll think about it."

Bella looked cheery and said, "Wonderful, now let us finish breakfast, we all have much work to do."

After having a quick breakfast of toast, eggs and tea. I went with Florian to the studio. He told me that he had gotten a new producer and editor for the studio like I asked and will help me with my songs. I was excited to meet him. We walked inside and I saw a familiar face sitting on the couch.

I looked at him to be sure and it was him, I called out, "Ed?" Florian looked at me with surprise.

He looked up from the magazine and when he saw me with Florian he was surprised and said, "So you're the kid, that boss has been talking about."

He got up and walked towards me with a closed fist and I lightly punched it with my own and said, "It's gonna be fun working with you Little Rock."

I looked at him and he asked, "Don't like it?" I shook my head and he chuckled and said, "We'll come up with something we're going to be working together now."

I was happy that it was him, he was very good and I saw it first hand yesterday. So I was satisfied that I was working with him. He then looked at me and said, "So we should get started man."

I nodded and Florian patted my back and said, "I'll come pick you up when you're done." I nodded and he bent his knee and looked at me and said, "It's a brave thing you are doing and I know it's right for you. Just remember to have fun, have faith in yourself and... just don't push yourself too hard."

I had this warm fuzzy feeling in my chest and it felt really weird and I chuckled and nodded, he then ruffled my hairs and I said, "Hey!" He chuckled and got up and said, "Have fun." He looked at Ed and said, "Take care of him."

Ed gave a thumbs up and said, "Got it boss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed and I were inside the recording booth and working on melody for Silence. He was standing beside me and he asked, "So he is like your dad or something?"

I looked at him and laughed, "Ah, no... you remember that blonde I came with?"

He nodded and said, "OH, I got it. So he is like your girlfriend's dad... kinda like your father in law?"

I laughed again and said, "Nah, nothing like that..." I was working on the melody and he sat down infront of me and said, "Come on, man you saw how she looked at you."

I sighed and stopped, "Ed, we're working."

He raised his hands and said, "Okay, cool... got it touchy topic... but all I'm saying is... Blondie and Jon sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~