Ch.36 Mario kart and Mortal Kombat

8bit music was heard in the slytherin room and two boys, best friends actually were sitting on the edge of the their seat. If someone else spotted them there it surely would have gained eire of others. Fortunately no one was in the common room as all of them were on the Quidditch field supporting their house.

The competition brewed a sense of pride in their house, not for these two though they were more engrossed in their own competition.

A cocky voice was heard after a while in the room, "How many times would you have lost after this one?"

I asked with a smirk plastered on my face. Ted grunted and had a grin of his own and said, "Hold this present for me will you!" A blue shell was thrown from the hand of Luigi and it landed on Mario causing his kart to spin uncontrollably and stopping it in his tracks.

Ted shot up from his seat and pumped his fist in the air and celebrated "Yeah!" He turned his face towards me "You suck! I win!!! HAHAHAHA!… AAA…" He looked in front and I saw where he was looking and it was Daphne standing there with her hands crossed looking at us menacingly, she wasn't the only one though she was here along with the others.

Ted put his hands away and I innocently asked, "Why you guys here? We told you we'd come in a bit?" 

Daphne scrunched her eyebrows and faked a smile, "Hmm, you should do that for the next game is in two weeks…"

I mockingly looked at my watch and hummed, "Ted, if we leave now, we might make it."

Ted gave a wry smile and Astoria giggled while holding a parcel. Tori then came over and asked, "You two have been glued to this thing for three weeks."

She looked concerned. I smiled and held up the controller "You could go next if you want to?"

She crossed her arms just like Daphne and Astoria ran up to me and took the controller but not before putting the parcel down. She sat down on the floor in front of me.

I took a look at the parcel it was from Floria. Daphne walked closer and said, "You didn't want to come and support our house, fine by me… but you should be doing some productive with your time." 

Now both of them were standing in front of me and I sighed and slumped on the couch and asked, "What do you want me to do?"

I held up my wand and placed a privacy charm, But still had to cover Astoria's ears "I tried finding what could the monster be and there are just a handful of them…"

They listened intensively, "Like, Cokatrice, Chikatrice, Gorgon, Medusa, Basilisk…" Tori then corrected me, "Basilisk's gaze can kill not petrify."

I nodded and said, "I know I was just keeping the possibility open." I took my hands off and Astoria asked, "How do you play it?" 

Ted said, "Give me, I'll start it."

I sighed and said, "There isn't much we could do without knowing what we are up against."

Tori and Daphne sighed and realised that I wasn't goofing off and they sat down beside me and said, "Sorry, Jon…"

I nodded and said, "Yeah, I know… but the good thing is not that many people have been attacked."

Tori nodded and Daphne said, "Oh, almost forgot."

She turned and grabbed the parcel and said, "Dad sent you this…"

She handed it to me and asked, "What's in it?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Maybe it's Genesis."

These words grabbed Ted's attention and he asked in excitement, "You got it?" 

It confused the girls and I explained, "It's a game console like this one, Ted wanted it."

I opened the package and sure enough it was a genesis and along side it was Sonic, Altered Beast, Mortal Combat and Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I showed Mortal Combat to Ted and he took it in his hands and said, "Is this it?"

I nodded and he was excited to play it but he'll have to wait, cause I would have to modify it to work here.

I looked in the box again and there were two letters inside. I took them out and one was for me other was for Daphne.

Daphne looked at the letter and asked, "Must be business related."

I teasingly said, "Or a proposal for wedding."

I saw Daphnes lips curl up a little but as soon as it happened she went back to her dead pan expression "Really?"

She said before grabbing Astoria and walking away. Tori followed suite but I swear I could see her blushing.

Tracey then sat in between me and Ted and said, "So which one of you losers gonna go against me?" 

I looked at Ted and said, "Ted will…"

She looked at him and he gave a smirk and he said, "Challenge accep…Ted"

I laughed and said, "It's going to be Legendary!." (A/N:- Sorry I couldn't stop myself 😔"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was now night and I was laying on my bed with my face facing buried in the pillow. We played for 4 hours straight, we even skipped on dinner. Fortunately Tori brought some food for us. Cotton came wriggly out of my robes and said, "You smell bad."

She looked at the letter and asked, "Have you opened it yet?"

I groaned and she said, "It could be important…" I got up and sat on the bed with the head rest as my back support and took the letter. I opened it and started reading.

"Hello,
I hope this letter finds you well, and I hope you are not ignoring your health and are enjoying your time in school. I have sent you the game thing that you wanted, if you need anything else just write me. Also I wanted to ask you if you are interested in doing music, your songs have caught quite the attention, specially Bella, she loved "Photograph" if you choose to pursue it. I'll help you that is if you want to… Anyways, take care of yourself and my girls.
Florian."

Cotton climbed up to my shoulder and curiously asked, "What does it say?"

I was still thinking about and I said, "He asked me if I wanted to sing…" 

Cotton asked, "Do you want to?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and was considering it that's when a sudden chill ran down my spine. Cotton was confused and asked, "Are you cold?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Girl's room.

Daphne was laying on her bed in her pyjamas and she was carefully looking at the letter, that's when Tori jumped on her bed and layed on top of her and asked, "You have been looking at that thing for an hour now, mind telling us what's in it?"

Tracey sat on the bed and jokingly implied, "Maybe Jon was right?" 

Making both Daphne and Tori sit up "NO!" They both looked at each other, "What is it then?" Tracey changed the topic knowingly and Daphne shook her and said, "Dad wants Jon to sing… and wants me to convince him." 

Tori looked at her in relief and Tracey asked, "Is he any good?" Both of them looked at her and said in unison full of cheer, "Yes!" Tori got up from her bed and grabbed her Disk-man and gave it to Tracey "Listen to it." Tracey took the headphone and put it on her ears and Tori pressed play and music started to flow into her ears.

Her expression started to change from doubt to delight. At the end of the song she looked at the two and declared, "We will make him sing, if that's the last thing we do." (A/N:- The song is Photograph by Ed Sheeran.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Section with cotton 🐍
I understand that the last chapter and this one seems like not important but I'm kinda trying to pad out the second year cause after the golden trio infiltrates the Slytherins. The whole thing would come to a close. So just trying to add things here and there. 
Comment if you liked the chapter and I'll see you tomorrow.
Thank you for understanding and reading.