Ch.11 Snakes Den

(Jon's POV)

I was having a nice conversation with Victoria, and it seemed she wasn't all that bumped about not making it into Gryffindor. She and I were having a nice chat about potions, it seemed like she has quite the interest in the topic. I suppose it's because of her mom.

She knew how to brew potions that were well above our grade. I was kinda surprised to know it, but she told me that her mom has been teaching her potions since she was four. She started brewing them when she was around six. She was just beyond compared to anyone of our age. I was in awe of her.

After the banquet ended, we were escorted to the Slytherin common room  by our prefects. We were led to the Entrance hall, it was huge, and it had stairs going everywhere and all the walls were packed with portraits upon portraits of people.

We were led downstairs. The entrance to the Slytherin common room was a door on the right side of the Entrance Hall. The prefect opened the door which led to a set of stone steps which descended even deeper. We were making our way to the Dungeon.

After a few flights of steps, we stopped in front of a bare stretch of a stone wall. The prefect cleared her throat and said, "Horned serpent." The prefect said, "Follow me." We followed her behind, and we entered the common room.

The common room was in a Dungeon near the lake. The common room had a glass wall, and they had a green tint because of the algae growing around the corner. There were ostrich green leather sofas around the large fireplace. The fireplace had two snakes on each side with their mouths open. There was a large round table for some reason.

There was a section for books in the common room. When I looked at the common room, only one word that comes to my mind is classy. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one. Gemma Farley, the prefect of our house, turned around and said, "Welcome to the Slytherin Common Room. Boys dormitories are upstairs on the first floor and second floor to the right,  and the girls dormitories are the same on the left. All of your belongings have already been sent to your room." She said after a brief pause, "The House head will come in a few moments to give the orientation."

She walked away and people started talking,  most of them flocked around Draco. I walked to the bookshelf and started to browse through them, and Victoria said, "Seems like they have quite the taste."

I chuckled and said, "What do you expect it's Slytherin we are talking about, obviously they have some style." I picked up a book and flipped through the pages.

She asked, "You sure like to read."

I smiled and said, "Reading helps me calm myself, and right now I need it more than ever."

She chuckled and said, "You sure have weird methods."

After a few minutes, Prof. Snape came flying into the common room and said, "Pipe it down! All of you!" Everyone shut up and walked towards him and stood quietly. He looked around and waved his arm to manage his cape, and he said, "The Noble House of Slytherin has great standards and expectations from each and every single one of you. You shall do no such thing to bring shame to your House. I don't care if you break rules or if you do anything magnanimously stupid.

Don't get caught, stealing isn't wrong, getting caught stealing however… So do anything you want, but be sure to cover it up." He said in a grave tone, "Or be prepared to face consequences." It made some shiver in their boots, and he said, "Everyone in this house is a Slytherin, whether you like it or not. And we stick together… do you understand?"

People nodded and he said, "Good, now tomorrow will be a holiday seeing the long travel you all have done… however I do suggest you all to get a good sleep… that's all." He then walked away. Victoria exhaled and I looked at her and chuckled. She looked at me and said, "What? He is a little scary." But then he said, "Mr. Beeston?" I turned around, and he asked me to come to him. I nodded and walked to him and said, "Yes, professor?"

He exhaled sharply and said, "Mr. Beeston I am quite sure you know that the students are less than welcoming to you." I nodded, and he said, "So we have decided to give you a separate room… from the rest."

I nodded and said, "Thank you."

He looked at me and said, "You are new to this world and with time you may come to realize that this world is less than welcoming… but if you have the guts to stay here… I can assure you, you too can achieve greatness."

I smiled and nodded and said, "Thank you, prof. And I promise that I will do my best to become a splendid wizard."

He shook his head and said in a low tone, "That we shall see." He turned around and walked out the common room. I walked to Victoria, and she was confused, and she asked, "What did he say?"

I smiled and said, "Well, I am getting my own room."

She smiled and said, "Congratulations, I suppose."

I nodded and said, "Thanks." I asked, "Shall we go and sleep? I am a little tired."

She nodded and said, "Yeah, me too."

We were walking towards the room and I heard a very sharp voice that pierced my ears, "Stop you filthy Muggle!" Victoria and I turned around to see who it was, and it was Draco. He was with his whole gang, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. He had a smirk on his face, and Victoria sighed and said, "Let's just go." I shrugged my shoulders, and he said, "Hey! I said stop."

I sighed and turned around and asked, "What is it daisy?" Victoria chuckled, and other students were  holding themselves back
it,
He looked at me, and he was red with anger and said, "Daisy?! Do you know who I am?"

I looked at him and said, "Did you forget who you are?" I turned to Victoria and asked, "You know him?" She shook her head and I said, "Sorry…" I heard some burst of laughter and soon everyone busted out laughing.

He looked pissed and walked towards me and pulled out his wand and said, "You will pay you filthy Muggle!"

I got my wand out, but suddenly Victoria jumps in with her wand and pointed at his face and just gives him a death glare, and he looks at me and smiles and says "What, too scared to fight me muggle? You have a girl protecting you?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "That may be, but I doubt you'll be able to beat her… buttercup." People were laughing, and He looked at me and Victoria stood tall, and he grunted and pulled his wand back and as he turned everyone stopped, and he said, "My father will…" but before he could finish I said, "Will come and tuck me in?" All busted out in laughter, and even Daphne had a smile on her face.

He grunted and walked away. His goons walked behind him. I waved at them, and they gave me the stink eye. Victoria turned around, and she asked, "Are you okay?"

I smiled and nodded and said, "Thank you." she smiled, and I said, "Now, let's just go before he comes back." she chuckled, and we went to our dormitories. My room was at the end of the first floor.

I opened the room and the room was suddenly lit. The fireplace lit up along with candles on the table. The room was huge with jet black furniture with a silver finish. The room had a big desk, a fireplace, a queen-size bed with green linen and pillows. A night stand was placed next to the bed. There was a book rack which was empty. There was a cupboard on the right side of the room.
I unpacked my stuff. I put my books in the bookshelf and took out the uniform that I will need tomorrow. I put Cotton's terrarium on the nightstand and Cotton out of my sleeve and went into it. I gave her something to eat and changed my clothes and went to sleep. Today was a tough day, and it is only going to get worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section with Cotton 🐍

Greetingsss Readersss,

I hope you liked the chapter, this chapter's early draft was posted on my discord and some heleped me with it. So if you would like to read drafts and pitch new ideas or just want to read the new drafts about Naruto. Join my discord the link is in my bio.

Drop a comment if you liked the chapter and throw some stones while you are at it and I will see you in the next chapter. Bye.