Ch. 47 The idiot box

After that weirdly pleasant dinner I made my way to the study. Bella had questioned my motives and decisions that I had made and surprisingly I didn't find it insulting, prying? Yes but anyone would be curious to know why I did what I did. But her one question did linger in my thoughts, the stagnation of wizarding world. Something tells me there is more of these questions coming my way.

I reached the study and opened the double door, I walked inside to find that Florian had changed much of the decor of the study. He got rid of the dark green wallpaper and replaced it with a much lighter shade of green, he also put up a Tv near the fireplace, it was hooked up with a vhs player and few movies were on top of the box and the last addition that he made was putting a rack for guitars up on the corner.

Although the room had a more welcoming feel to it, it also felt cultured with a bunch of stuff crammed in.

He saw me and sat down on the sofa with a drink in his hand and asked, "So, you're liking your room." He asked with a curious smile.

I walked to the sofa, "Yes, I did..." I sat down across him "And I really appreciate the additions to my room."

He chuckled and said, "Of course, Daphne had mentioned you get frequent showers in a day, so I didn't want you to spent your time walking through out the house, every time you wanted to relax."

I raised my eyebrows and hummed in surprise, he took a sip of his drink and said, "I know that it's xmas and it's a time to relax and all but, we have much to work on, so if you are motivated enough... we might finish it all before xmas. What you say?"

I chuckled and nodded, "As they say, no rest for the wicked."

He laughed and said, "So, I have tested your new invention and I must say, it's like a breeze of fresh air. I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading books, but this is a whole new medium."

I nodded and said, "Yeah, I get that after reading for your whole life, this thing feels like a blessing and all, but word to the wise. I wouldn't get too used to it. It's called the idiot box for a reason."

He looked at me saddened eyes and sighed, "First Bella and now you... very well, I will reduce the hours I spend infront of it."

I nodded and asked, "Okay, and how about production?"

He took a sip to boost his mood and said, "It's in the works, although we might need to talk to someone about providing us with the base units... too much discrepancy in the muggle world will evoke the eire of the pigs."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise this was the first time I had heard him refer to the Ministry as pigs, must be the TV talking. I nodded and asked, "So anyone who we can deal with directly?"

He looked hesitant to say but sighed and said, "Yeah, the Yamamoto's"

This is the first I had heard of them and it had piqued my curiosity and he continued, "The Yamamotos have been in business with the muggles for a long time, so much so that they have their own factories for such things."

I was confused and asked, "Why is a wizarding family making muggle things?"

He sighed and said, "Well, as you know the muggles had a war that ended in 1945, the war had caused serious damage to the muggles and the wizards alike. Yamamoto's took this opportunity to fill their coffers. They started out small with food and clothes but now they are riding their county's economic growth."

I hummed and nodded it was better if we could deal with them ourselves but why is he so hesitant? "What's the problem then?"

His whole face scrunched like he had sucked on a lemon and said, "The problem is that they are greedy and they have an ego a huge one at that."

I sighed and nodded, "Of course... so they are the only ones?"

He sighed and nodded and took a sip, "I'll try to see if we could find someone or something else. But in mean time they are the only one."

There is always something like this when I try and do something new. He the looked at me and asked, "By the way, I booked them like you asked me to. They are coming in a week."

I nodded that at least not something's are going smoothly. "Speaking of which, have you done what I asked you to do?"

He smiled and nodded, "Yeah, from tomorrow, your song "Photograph" will be on sale." But it looked like he still had a doubt and decided to ask, "But why did you ask to not give out your name?"

I smiled and said, "simple, for publicity. A new singer comes out with a song like that, it's bound to create some kind of gossip and I intend to ride and when it's finally revealed it's me... well we'll see if they respond better to me then."

He chuckled and said, "They will, don't doubt your skill..." He then looked at me and leaned in, "I am happy that you decided to do it. This thing will change how people look at you."

I sure hoped so but I was also worried that it might also change me, "Don't worry kid, you are going to be fine. We are here for you."

I smiled and he chuckled and asked, "So, how many songs have you decided on?"

I shook my head and sighed, "That really is not a problem, to worry about. The music is... I will need someone who has knowledge of muggle music."

He nodded and "Yeah, don't worry about that, I already have someone in mind for it."

I hummed and said, "I guess that's that then."

We then talked about TV network that we were planning to build, we are going to need new band waves and buildings, personnel, show writers, actors. It was going to be a monumental task but it would be rewarding as hell. After talking to him about all that I told him that I will go to the muggle side to buy some stuff for recording and all, he wanted to come with but I was fine without him. The talks had taken hours to complete and I was beat so I made my way to the room.

On my way I saw Daphne pacing out of my room, she looked at me and I asked, "Want to come in?"

She shook her head and said, "I just wanted to apologise for my mom... what she said."

I chuckled and said, "I know, I know, she was just joking."

She looked at me and her cheeks reddened and she said hurriedly, "No! I'm talking about the whole political thing... she usually is more tactful than that. I don't know why she did that?"

I mockingly said, "Maybe something to do with the last thing she said." She slapped my arm and I said, "You are lucky that you're a friend."

She snorted "It looks like I came here for nothing. So good night." She was moving past me but I grabbed her hand and pulled her a little closer, she looked at me intently, her breath became heavy and I could somehow hear hear heart or was it mine? I asked, "Tomorrow I'm going out to the muggle world, would you like to come?"

She shook her head and took a deep breath to calm herself and said, "Okay."

I nodded and smiled, "Good."

She meekly asked, "Can you let go of me now?" I nodded and did as she asked of me "It's becoming a bad habit of yours."

I chuckled and said, "Don't know... maybe it's because of you." Her eyes widened and she quickly turned around and walked to the room beside mind. I hummed and said, "So we're neighbours." I chuckled and entered my room, it was getting late and tomorrow I had much to do.