Ch.32 Approaching the danger noodle

There are still a few days left until Halloween and everyone was excited about it. Little did anyone know that their holiday spirits will be brutally crushed by a giant snake. I was the only one in the know and the only one who could do anything about it. And that weighed on my mind.

I was in the library with the group and all of them were doing their homework for DADA class. I had already done it, so I was free to whatever I liked, so I just chose to practice some smaller spells from the spell book that I got from the vault.

I was practicing a spell called 'le feu de la bête' it was a crimson red flame with an abyssal black luminous zone of the flame. The spell can burn anything you can think of it as an inferior flame of Fiendfyre and Protego 

As I enchanted the spell a small red flame appeared on the tip of my wand. It danced very gracefully and fluttered in the air. Hermione saw the spell and asked me very curiously, "What are those spells that you are using?" She may have an idea as to what the nature of the spells are but can't imagine what it can do.

I snuffed the flame and asked, "You want to know more?"

She nodded, and I continued "Do you understand the nature of the spell?"

She nodded hesitantly and now everyone was curious because the spells that I would practice had no mention in any textbooks. They were more handcrafted. So they always wondered what kind of spells were they.

I looked at her and said, "Just observe me and be careful... " Everyone was excited and curious. I pointed the wand a little up and said "le feu de la bête" a small crimson snake came out of my wand, and it started to slither in the air. The snake was a beautiful looking Bush snake with all its scales shades of black it looked beautiful.

I contained it above and said "The spell is my small version of FeindFyre I use it to control the magic better..."

The spell caught the eyes of some students. They were interested and were looking but didn't hear the incantation. I made the snake disappear many second years and third years thought that it was a party trick or something but those who knew which spell could replicate the exact same results were scared.

Hermione ducked down a bit and asked, "Why are you using *in a hush voice* Dark Magic?" I looked at everyone and said "Hermione listen there is no such thing as Dark and Light it is just... magic. How we use it is more important."

She argued, "But it can kill someone."

I shrugged my shoulders and said "So can Reducto and that is "White" spell. "

Ginny looked at me and said, "But there must be a reason as to why people shouldn't use Dark spells."

I hummed and said "There is... many of the "Dark" spells can pull you to the dark side. That is why you always need an Anchor to use Dark spells."

Ginny was confused and she tilted her head and asked, "Anchor?"

I shook my head a little and said "It is someone you love or someone you care about. Someone who can remind you as to who you were and someone who can keep you in check."

Luna was curious as always and just asked, "Do you have an Anchor?"

I nodded and said, "I do..." Hermione asked, "So then do we all need an Anchor to practice these spells?"

I chuckled and said "No, for just practicing it is not necessary but for using it. Then you would..."

I looked at them and said, "The world is a dangerous place and everyone is armed with a weapon... if you are not able to defend yourself you will die." Many of us already knew the truth of the world that we lived in, but the words just reminded us. If an idiot had a grudge against you no one knows how that would end.

Victoria had enough of the gloom and said "Enough with the negativity Jon... Now, everyone do not ask him about magic, or he will go on another rant on magic theories and how we are not using magic properly."

I was a little hurt and said "Yeah, we are not, do you....." my voice didn't come out.

Victoria used "Silencio, now will you be quiet."

I used my wand and undid the Silencio charm and said "No, I will not. And that was rude Tori." 

Hermione and others were confused as to how I undid the charm. "How did you do that?" Hermione and others asked.

I said in a very deep and wise voice, "That is a discussion for another time." ---------------------------------------- (In the Slytherin Common Room) I was sitting on the sofa with Daphne, and we were drinking tea. There were few students doing their homework or were just goofing around. The nice thing about our space was that it was secluded so no one could hear you, and it still had a nice view of the lake so a perfect place to hang out. I asked Daphne "Where is Victoria?" She was reading a book on transfiguration and doing some homework. Daphne looked at me and said, "She is helping Olivia with Homework and you...are disturbing me?" I was curious and asked, "You haven't done it?" Cause she is the only one in the group who is more punctual than me. She rolled her eyes and said, "No I am writing a Draft for your manuscript." I faked a laugh said, "Okay not funny." I sat down and said, "If you want you can have my Homework." She sighed and said, "I actually want to learn. So no, thank you." I hummed and said, "Okay, very admirable of you. If you have any doubt you can ask me." She was then doing homework, and I was just playing on my Game Boy. She then reluctantly asked, "Who is your Anchor?" I didn't know what to say actually... so I just stayed silent. She looked at me and said "What? I can't know? And besides it's Tori isn't it?" I looked at her and asked, "Do you really want to know" She stopped and looked at me and said, "I don't..." "I don't want to..." I looked at her and I don't know why but I felt like she needed a hug or something. So I very awkwardly tried to hug her but she stopped me and looked at me and asked, "Uh, what are you doing?" I looked at her and said, "I am trying to hug you?" She just looked at me and just squinted, and I just put my hands back and said, "I'm sorry. I am not that good with consoling and things like that..." She just looked at me and shook her head and let out a small laugh and said, "Thank you." She looked at her and said, "I do think it's nice to have someone care for you isn't it." I nodded and said, "Yeah..." But then I looked at her and said, "But you know sometimes you don't always have to be the one who takes care of someone else sometimes you can just rely on someone else." She just looked at me and said, "And you said you didn't know how to console people." I chuckled and said, "I just try my best..." "I know that you don't want anyone to think that you are soft or something, but you know sometimes it's just nice to have someone who you can just talk to and just be yourself. And I would love to be that person." She looked away, and she closed her book suddenly, and she got up and said, "I think I will turn in early... I will see you tomorrow Jon." I got up and said, "Ah alright... Good night."