Ch. 22 And the Oscar goes to

I opened my eyes and woke up, it was bright, and the sun was blinding me. I put my hand up to block the light. I groaned and got up. I felt a little weak, looking around. I found that I was in the hospital wing. And that's not all I saw, Dumbledore in front of me.

I quickly tried to fix my hair, and he chuckled and asked, "How are you feeling, Jonathan?"

I cleared my throat and said, "I feel fine, sir..." He nodded, and I asked, "Ah, if you don't mind me can you tell me, why are here sir?"

He chuckled and sat down on the bed next to mine and said, "Well, you were found with Harry in the third floor..."

And now I was worried about what Harry had said to him. He looked at me and said, "Harry was very confused when he woke up... he couldn't understand why you used that spell on him... he was worried that you took the stone for Voldemort... but when I told him that you were the one who fought Quirrell he was surprised to say the least..."

He exhaled and said, "He apologized for believing the worst of you."

I chuckled and said, "I would have done the same if someone did that to me..."

Dumbledore chuckled and nodded, "You did very well Jon, it must not have been easy for you... I know Quirrell held an important place in your life..."

I looked at him and said, "That's true, but he is... or was not the only one..."

He looked at me and nodded, "Yes... it's often hard to stand against those who you care about..." I looked at him, and he smiled and said, "Let me thank you for what you have done... you have done a great service to the school."

I smiled and nodded, and he said, "I have high hope for you, Jonathan..." He looked at me, but then he looked behind and got a letter out of his robes and handed it to me and said, "This is a letter that was entrusted to me... by an old student and a dear friend of mine."

I was confused and asked, "Why are you giving it to me?"

He smiled and said, "Because it's for you from your mother..." My eyes widened, and he chuckled and said, "Now it looks like someone is here to meet you."

I looked behind, and I found a very pissed off Victoria. I turned around, but Dumbledore had already walked out the room. For an old man, he was fast. I heard a very cold voice piercing my ears, "Jonathan?" It sent shivers down my spine and I turned around and smiled, "Yes? Victoria?"

She looked at me, and she had tears in her eyes. I was surprised, she hugged me and I hugged her back. She said, "You moron, I told you not to go... what if something happened to you?"

I gently patted her back and said, "I'm sorry, I'll tell you next time."

She suddenly stopped hugging me and looked at me, "Next time? You are going to do something stupid again?"

I was stumped, I looked at her and said, "Hmm? Ah, No... no I won't."

She smiled and said, "Good."

That was a scary moment. In a while I heard, "Hey there, Jon, I thought you died." We both looked as to who it was, and it turned out to be Ted. Saying that got him an elbow from Tracey.

Daphne asked, "How are you?"

I smiled and said, "Feeling a bit weak, but I'm fine."

Daphne smiled a little and said, "Good, but that was an extremely stupid thing you did."

Ted scoffed and said, "Tell me about it... but on the other hand, he took out a full-grown wizard, albeit it was Quirrell."

I chuckled and said, "Oh, you have no idea how strong he was... did you know he doesn't even stutter?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a day, I made a full recovery and even got some well-deserved thanks from the Golden trio. Harry even apologized in person. Today was the last day of School. All of us were sitting on the Slytherin table. Everyone was happy. We have won the cup, but I still wasn't too sure about it. Even thought the points were in our favor, I still was doubtful. {325 (Gryffindor), 376 (Hufflepuff), 415 (Ravenclaw), 484 (Slytherin)}

I was sitting with my friends, and we were having a good time, I looked at them and thought back to the first day I was here. I was alone I only had one friend and now look at us, a bunch of misfits, all together celebrating.

After a few minutes, the headmaster stood up and declared the start of the feast. We started eating, and the food was delicious as ever. I don't know if I want to go back to the Orphanage. I don't want to live in that small room. I don't want to deal with those dickheads... I will have to think of my living situation.

As I was thinking this, the headmaster rang his glass one more time. He stood up and said, "The winner of this year's house cup is SLYTHERIN!" As the announcement was made, the entire great hall was decorated in the colors of Slytherin, Green and Silver.

Everyone was happy, Daphne was especially happy. Ravenclaw also clapped for us, the ones that were not as happy were Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. But I knew this wasn't the end.

Then Headmaster said, "But I have some last moment points to distribute... in mind of recent events :

Hermione Granger, 50 points for her cool use of intellect when others were in great peril.

Ron Weasley, 50 points for the best chess game played that Hogwarts has seen in these many years.

Harry Potter, 50 points for using his amazing skills as a flyer.

Neville Longbottom, 10 points for being brave and standing up against your friends for what was right."

There were thunderous claps from the Gryffindor table and others. I clapped in courtesy, Daphne wasn't happy, and I said, "Awe, come on chin up... we'll win next time for sure."

Victoria patter her back, and we all clapped for them as well. But it wasn't the end. The headmaster said, "There is still someone who I haven't given points to..." I was confused he gave it to them, who's left now?

He said, "Jonathan Beeston for his courage and moral compass to do right by others and not letting petty rivalry between Houses stop him from helping others, 70 points." I thought I was getting the stone for points but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As that final announcement was made, the once happy and joyous Gryffindor... who were on cloud nine. Felt as if someone was grabbed their leg and dragged them to hell. Slytherin were surprised to know that the one person that they hated would be the reason they would win the house cup.

Daphne was excited, she started clapping and so did the others of the group. The Slytherin table who was once very energetic was now dull and lifeless, but that wasn't the case for a few students of Slytherin and Gryffindor.

Harry, Hermione and Ron were celebrating with us as well. It was surprising for everyone to see that Gryffindor students were celebrating someone from Slytherin, Gryffindor started to clap then Hufflepuff then Ravenclaw, but Slytherin still did not celebrate.

It was a very surreal moment in my life here. If you were to tell me that my life was going to be like this, I would not have believed you at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section with Cotton 🐍

Greetingsss Readersss,

Hey guys I hope you all liked the chapter. Year one has come to an end. The second year will begin shortly. But during the time between I will use it for some other plots and training of mc. The chapters will resume from the next Monday. I need a little break. I hope that you guys stay and read and thank you to the ones who did stay.