Ch.18 Unexpected Christmas

I woke up early in the morning… It was hard since it was winter, but I am not going to deviate from my routine. I got off my bed and stretched. I put on a jumper, sweatpants and running shoes. I got out of my room and went out for my morning run.

Most of the school is kinda empty, there are still some people in the school, but it's mostly the teachers and a very few students. After my morning run and exercise. I took a long bath and went to have some breakfast. I sat at the Slytherin table, and it was empty.

After having my breakfast and went to the ROR. I have been using it to practice magic. The dummies can't fire back, but then can run and maneuver themselves. Making them harder to hit. I entered the ROR. The room was spacious and had many dummies inside them, there was a wall of mirror in the back and columns supporting the room.

I removed my robes and pulled up my sleeves. I stretched a little and took out my wand. The dummies line up and started to move randomly and were very nimble. I have been training with them since Quirrell is not here, and I have been getting quite good.

I have been using the spells, charms, and Jinx that Quirrell had taught me, but I am trying to use them without any incantation it's tough, but I am getting there… slowly but surely, but that's not all. I have been working on some spells as well.

Two dummies were coming towards me and I pointed my wand at them and a blue hue came out of my wand. A thunderous lightning came out of my wand. The dummies suddenly separated, and I smiled and took a step back and another bolt of lightning was released from the main bolt. The dummies were hit in the head with the lightning.

I pointed my wand at a dummy coming my way and the tip of my black wand glowed green, and a green flame came out of the tip. It enveloped the dummy's body, but it didn't burn the dummy, it was still fine. I levitated the dummy with the fire and threw it at another dummy and as they made contact the dummy outside the fire bubble got burned.

The spell is like Protego Diabolica. But it's still not as versatile. It still needs much work. I can't properly manipulate the fire after creating it… which is detrimental, thinking that is the main point of the original spell. I sat down and whipped the sweat off my face and took a breather.

Today was Christmas Eve and I just wondered what everyone else was up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Quirrell's Pov)

Knockturn Alley.

In a poorly lit alley, littered with garbage and sewage. The man is waiting for someone. The man has covered his face with a piece of cloth. It helped him to cover his identity as well as his nose from the smell of the filth. After waiting for a while.

A goblin appeared in front of the man. He grunts and checked the bottom of his shoes, and he cleaned it and said, "It's going to cost you a little extra now."

The man scoffed and said, "Do you have what I need?"

The goblin looked at him and said, "I do have it with me… but it wasn't easy to get my hands on… I could only take a little peek… I must say, this is something interesting."

The man extended his arm and the Goblin looked at him and squinted. The man scoffed and took out a dark artifact. It was a small idol, it was dark brown, almost black. It had intricate runes etched into the idol with gold, and the idol surged with dark magic.

The Goblin smirked and tried to get it, but the man pulled back and said, "The parchment." The goblin got a tiny parchment out and they both exchanged the items. The Goblin quickly inspected the idol and the man looked at the parchment and asked, "This is it?"