Chapter 22 - Trevor

"Okay let's see. No please don't kill me Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel!"
Sam buries his head in my shoulder, his whole body tense as the killer lunges forwards and screams echo through his living room. I grin down at him.
"How are you not scared right now?" He cries, his voice muffled by my hoodie. I laugh lightly,
"It's just a film," I say, turning my attention back to the tv. Sam looks up for a second but immediately hides again as he sees the garage door begin to rise.
"I miss Paddington," He groans as screams emanate from the film. I snort with laughter and grab a handful of popcorn.
"We can watch Paddington Two after this if you want?" I tell him. He nods as he slowly lifts his head up and looks back at the film.

"I reckon the main girl's dad is the killer," Sam tells me a few moment later. I fight back a laugh at his theory. I open my mouth to respond and my phone suddenly starts ringing. Sam jumps in his seat, staring wide eyed at my phone on the coffee table. I roll my eyes at him and grab it. It's my mum. I quickly answer.
"Hello?" I say, shooting a look of pretend worry at Sam who is sitting up properly now, concern on his face.
"Hey, kiddo. Angela and her son just got here. Any idea when you'll be home, I think Trevor is excited to meet you, he's gay too you know? Something in common already," Mum replies. I honestly forgot her old friend from high school was coming to stay with us. After the trial Mum told me she was throwing a party to celebrate her winning custody and her friend Angela and her son were going to come up early and stay with us for a few days.

I'm about to respond when Sam taps my shoulder.
"Who is it?" He asks nervously. I force a look of worry onto my face,
"I don't know," I whisper.
"What are they saying?" He whisper's back, getting closer to me and placing a hand on my knee. I frown and pretend to listen for a second. Then I gasp.
"He said- he said 'What's your favourite scary movie!'" I cry. Sam screeches and jumps to his feet. I burst out laughing and he turns on me. Realisation dawns on his face.
"You are such a liar!" He hisses. "Oh my fucking god, why did I fall for that?" I grin and turn back to my phone.

"I'll be home in like, an hour, Mum," I say and Sam glares at me.
"Okay, see you then, kiddo," Mum replies. "Love you,"
"Love you, bye," I respond before hanging up. I put my phone down and smile guilty at Sam. He gives me a menacing stare and stands over me, leaning down so his face is inches above mine.
"You're so dead, Valley," He says lowly. My heart speeds up a little. I smirk.
"But I wanna be in the sequel," I breathe. Sam grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me closer to him.
"Too fucking bad," He whispers against my lips. His lips brush lightly against mine and I'm about to properly close the distance between us when a loud scream from the tv makes Sam screech and jump onto my lap. He wraps his arms around me, hiding his face in my neck.

I burst out laughing.
"Shut up," He mumbles, his whole face turning red. I wrap my arms around him and kiss the top of his head.
    "So you're willing to watch the other four films with me, right?" I ask, grinning. He opens his mouth in shock.
    "There's four more?! What the fuck?! How?!"
    "You'll just have to watch and see, won't you," I smirk. He rolls his eyes and looks back over at the tv. I start gently playing with his hair as he relaxes slightly against my chest.

————

    "So, what did you think?" I ask as the movie credits begin to roll. Sam sits up properly and looks at me, a serious expression on his face.
    "I'm never answering the phone again and Jughead's Dad and Live-Action-Shaggy from Scooby Doo have scarred me," He says, standing up and stretching. I snort with laughter, standing up too.
    "It's not that scary," I grab my phone. Sam scoffs as he turns off the tv. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, swaying slightly on the spot.
    "Lies. But on the plus side, Monica from Friends survived," He grins. I laugh and shake my head. "Can I kiss you?" He asks. I nod. He leans forwards and kisses me gently.